Baby bomb 30

James R

Reaction score
Anybody tried out the Mooer Baby Bomb 30 power amp pedal with your digital modeller and a guitar cab?
It’s inexpensive, which is up my alley, but I’d love to hear some personal experiences with it if anybody has tried one out.

James R

Reaction score
Well, for about $100, I decided to try this little guy out.
It arrived yesterday, but I won’t have a chance to try it out until later on this morning.
I’m really looking forward to blasting the Helix through my 212 rectifier cab with V30s, I’m missing that after playing through monitors for so long now.
I plugged into one of my Marshall tube amps the other day and really took notice of how it had been too long since I had enjoyed it.

James R

Reaction score
It works exactly as advertised, no real issues for me to speak of.
I like it better with the toggle set to warm, rather than bright, asi find the latter can get a bit too bright and was giving me ear fatigue pretty quickly.
Speaking of which... it’s loud.
Like, really loud.
I can tear it up as much as I want where I live, but I couldn’t get the master up past maybe 11:00 before my basement windows were rattling.
For my needs, this little bugger works like a charm.

One small word of warning if anybody is thinking of trying one out:
The pedal is small, about the average mini pedal size, but the power source is quite large and requires a dedicated wall outlet.
I guess it makes sense since they packed a 30 watt amp inside that little enclosure, I was just a little surprised by it when I opened the box and saw it.

I’ve been playing to backing tracks and jamming along with albums through my monitors for so long now (my signal as well as the music both coming through the same monitors, sounding like a studio mix) that it felt really refreshing to be “out front” and standing out in the mix much more, just like when I used to play through my amps all the time.
I love my Helix to death, but it’s easy for me to get sort of stuck in a rut with it and just keep hitting the same old stale patches every day instead of inspiring myself with it like I used to.
This setup has renewed my joy in both the Helix and my playing.
My fingers are actually sore, which hasn’t happened in a while. I probably put about 12 - 14 hours in on the guitar over the last two days, and it feels freaking great!

fleahead

Reaction score
I use the Bomb with my Mooer GE200. Outstanding. 2 different Warehouse 12" speakers in my cab and the rig rocks.