Axl Rose Suing Activision for $20 Million

Dogsy

Reaction score
honestly im gonna turn 19 soon and i dont think im a teen anymore considering what ive been through... and being a front girl i cant tell you that yes he is amazing, whatever people are saying in the thread and nobody has a voice like his. NOBODY

I agree Ange that is voice is unique. That said AFD is the only GNR record for me. When Geffen gave GNR loads of cash and said 'great go write another one' he dispapeared up his own ass.

Only in my opinion.

QueenNhl37

Reaction score
Believing in something does not make it good or right. It is only your personal opinion. Everyone here has their biases. But, it is mostly the younger members who seem to get carried away. There is a high probability that you will see things differently in 5 years.

maybe... maybe i wont. but maybe im gonna be totally negative and think everythings shit.

Rich

Non sequitur
Reaction score
That jackass should be happy for any promotion he gets; the kids seem to be into Slash more than G'n'R itself.

Mr Insane

Reaction score
"Leave Axl Alone"
leave-britney-alone.jpg

QueenNhl37

Reaction score
I agree Ange that is voice is unique. That said AFD is the only GNR record for me. When Geffen gave GNR loads of cash and said 'great go write another one' he dispapeared up his own ass.

Only in my opinion.

he came up with a lot of songs, they recorded the albums. of course it sounded different. they were living in a piece of shit with barely enough to live and then they made money. he tried other things, he didnt wanna be trapped..

Dogsy

Reaction score
he came up with a lot of songs, they recorded the albums. of course it sounded different. they were living in a piece of shit with barely enough to live and then they made money. he tried other things, he didnt wanna be trapped..

That to me is exactly the point!

'they were living in a piece of shit with barely enough to live and then they made money'

That is how the were able to write Night Train, art imitating life.

All of a sudden they no doubt felt hey weve made it! What shall we write about now? Hmmmm, let me get on that piano and lets see...Ill do it tomorrow, Im floating around in my pool etc

QueenNhl37

Reaction score
That to me is exactly the point!

'they were living in a piece of shit with barely enough to live and then they made money'

That is how the were able to write Night Train, art imitating life.

All of a sudden they no doubt felt hey weve made it! What shall we write about now? Hmmmm, let me get on that piano and lets see...Ill do it tomorrow, Im floating around in my pool etc

yeah... i know, but thats what happens, right! thats fame.

Dogsy

Reaction score
Not always. Have you ever listened to Joy Division?

Technically not that amazing. The way they used the knowledge they had - now that was amazing.

Their lead singer unfortunaty had mental issues and hung himself the night before their planed tour of the US which would no doubt have made them. I think he was so intense fame may not have affected his writting style.

Also take Pink Floyd, they kept coming out with amazing albums in the opinion of many even as they were filling stadiums.

I think the problem used to be that bands put a whole lifes worth of experiences and feelings into their first album, and when succesful, they had 12 months to write the next.

These days the problem is reality TV stars (XFactor coming to you soon) American Idol, Disney (how much shit have the spawned!) and the Internet (This has changed the whole way we buy music of course).

More people than ever have access to record and upload their music but the 'Industry' force feed us shit like Bieber n Co so its harder for the talent to get noticed.

I've heard wearing a KFC Bargin Buckett on your head and dressing like a clown can help you stand out.

It may also explain Axls poor traetment of his fans. In the industry they say all news is good news good or bad. Better to make the news for been a twat than not make it at all is their rational.

morats8up

Reaction score
Never did get the A$$hole Rose Dude or GNR for that matter. That being said, I do have an appreciation for Slash, He seems to be a genuinely good person and player as well. To me, Slash is the epidamy of GNR, Not the prancing weasel.

Tozatron

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Well, I just want to make one point.

I first discovered Guns N Roses at age 12 or so. It was love at first hearing. Since then, that band has been my life, almost. People know me more as "The GnR Kid" then they do by my own name. I've got an old sociology teacher well into his sixties who calls me "Axl" because he couldn't pronounce my name. I have been a stalwart fan, always up for voting for a reunion. Always praying that one day, that megalomaniac we know as W. Axl Rose will grow up and try to bury the hatchet. That he will pay his respects to the fans who's hard earned money paid for his silver Lamborghini and his Malibu mansion. But you know how I feel? I feel betrayed. I feel as if the near 2000 dollars of my own money, money that could have gone towards helping out my mother, a single parent with two kids and a mortgage to pay, but instead went to buying Guns N Roses albums, posters, LPs, and other memorabilia all went to waste. In times where I can't even get out of bed, because I'm so down, Guns 'N Roses was there. "Out Ta Get Me" changed me, from a timid kid with a soft voice, to the president of the senior graduating class, and former captain of the cross country team. But things like this have worn me down. I feel as if I have been disrespected as a fan, and as someone who would've gone to any length to get Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Steven all in a studio or on a stage together. But now? Unless I see a public, sincere apology, or a sign of a stable reunion.

Phew. Sorry about that.

Dogsy

Reaction score
Well, I just want to make one point.

I first discovered Guns N Roses at age 12 or so. It was love at first hearing. Since then, that band has been my life, almost. People know me more as "The GnR Kid" then they do by my own name. I've got an old sociology teacher well into his sixties who calls me "Axl" because he couldn't pronounce my name. I have been a stalwart fan, always up for voting for a reunion. Always praying that one day, that megalomaniac we know as W. Axl Rose will grow up and try to bury the hatchet. That he will pay his respects to the fans who's hard earned money paid for his silver Lamborghini and his Malibu mansion. But you know how I feel? I feel betrayed. I feel as if the near 2000 dollars of my own money, money that could have gone towards helping out my mother, a single parent with two kids and a mortgage to pay, but instead went to buying Guns N Roses albums, posters, LPs, and other memorabilia all went to waste. In times where I can't even get out of bed, because I'm so down, Guns 'N Roses was there. "Out Ta Get Me" changed me, from a timid kid with a soft voice, to the president of the senior graduating class, and former captain of the cross country team. But things like this have worn me down. I feel as if I have been disrespected as a fan, and as someone who would've gone to any length to get Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Steven all in a studio or on a stage together. But now? Unless I see a public, sincere apology, or a sign of a stable reunion.

Phew. Sorry about that.

He couldnt pronounce 'Slashfanatic' and hes a teacher!

I feel you pain Bro, but thats bands for you. Good news though there are many amazing bands out there whos lyrics will help you rationalise shit at times.

I have changed my approach, when i was younger Id like certain bands and Id buy all there stuff. This was in the days when you had a favorite side of an album.

Then CDs came and it made it easy to skip tracks, thats when I started to say goodbye to growers and just listen to the tracks that hit me straight away.

Nowadays I tend to buy just the best songs by a multitude of artists. Does this Im missing out? Yes. But then conversely I am listening to a much broarder range.

I kind of think that If I had only another 100 songs ever to listen too again would I prefer to listen to nearer 100 diferent artists best work than 100 tracks by say 4 or 5 artists.

My advice, you have done GNR, take from it what you will and go find pastures new.

:slash::slash::slash:

Tozatron

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
He couldnt pronounce 'Slashfanatic' and hes a teacher!

I feel you pain Bro, but thats bands for you. Good news though there are many amazing bands out there whos lyrics will help you rationalise shit at times.

I have changed my approach, when i was younger Id like certain bands and Id buy all there stuff. This was in the days when you had a favorite side of an album.

Then CDs came and it made it easy to skip tracks, thats when I started to say goodbye to growers and just listen to the tracks that hit me straight away.

Nowadays I tend to buy just the best songs by a multitude of artists. Does this Im missing out? Yes. But then conversely I am listening to a much broarder range.

I kind of think that If I had only another 100 songs ever to listen too again would I prefer to listen to nearer 100 diferent artists best work than 100 tracks by say 4 or 5 artists.

My advice, you have done GNR, take from it what you will and go find pastures new.

:slash::slash::slash:

I do that to a certain degree. I haven't done things like this with any other band except Led Zeppelin.

And I don't intend to move on from GNR. I still love the band, but W. Axl Rose, I have a few choice words that I would trade my left arm for the opportunity to say.

QueenNhl37

Reaction score
Not always. Have you ever listened to Joy Division?

Technically not that amazing. The way they used the knowledge they had - now that was amazing.

Their lead singer unfortunaty had mental issues and hung himself the night before their planed tour of the US which would no doubt have made them. I think he was so intense fame may not have affected his writting style.

Also take Pink Floyd, they kept coming out with amazing albums in the opinion of many even as they were filling stadiums.

I think the problem used to be that bands put a whole lifes worth of experiences and feelings into their first album, and when succesful, they had 12 months to write the next.

These days the problem is reality TV stars (XFactor coming to you soon) American Idol, Disney (how much shit have the spawned!) and the Internet (This has changed the whole way we buy music of course).

More people than ever have access to record and upload their music but the 'Industry' force feed us shit like Bieber n Co so its harder for the talent to get noticed.

I've heard wearing a KFC Bargin Buckett on your head and dressing like a clown can help you stand out.

It may also explain Axls poor traetment of his fans. In the industry they say all news is good news good or bad. Better to make the news for been a twat than not make it at all is their rational.

yeah... guess youre right... man, this thread brought me down

Dogsy

Reaction score
not nice dogsy!:laugh2:

No Ange its not a nice subject, but when you listen to the album whilst reading the lyrics it will engage you and thats what music is about sometimes.

Have a listen, Id like to know if you finding it interesting.

In a nut shell the album is a reation to the live aid concert in the UK and Amercia in the 80s. The puropse of that event was to help feed the poor. This album says, we made them poor in the first place. Also, if you look at Queen and U2 for example, it turned them from superstars to megastars amking a few £$£$£ on the way.

QueenNhl37

Reaction score
No Ange its not a nice subject, but when you listen to the album whilst reading the lyrics it will engage you and thats what music is about sometimes.

Have a listen, Id like to know if you finding it interesting.

In a nut shell the album is a reation to the live aid concert in the UK and Amercia in the 80s. The puropse of that event was to help feed the poor. This album says, we made them poor in the first place. Also, if you look at Queen and U2 for example, it turned them from superstars to megastars amking a few £$£$£ on the way.

thats very interesting indee. i like the lyrics especially to the second song.
i never liked live aid or we are the world and that kind of things, but they made so much money out of it:rolleyes: and fame, as you said it

Dogsy

Reaction score
Listen to the rest of the album, its good 'ole protest punk.

See youre feeling better already!

:)

Latest Threads