Axe FX III !!!

NeubyWanKaneuby

Reaction score
I'm not selling my XL+ anytime soon. I like what it does and how it sounds.

Will the III be awesome? Probably, but not awesome enough to make me leave what I have.

Reactions: mmd

frankv

Have You Ever Lost A Love?
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
This is like a million times more exciting then it is buying a tube amp.. any tube amp...

AllTheSound

Reaction score
I wonder what the next generation of AX8 will be like.. anybody know about that? I bet it's a killer product too.
I haven't heard a peep about it , if i had to guess i would say it would share the same screen & Ui as the rack , most likely the color rings and scribble strips of the new foot controller , maybe less I/O options , possibley the same DSP specs as the rack , a headphone jack and a larger price tag than the AX8. How ever it turns up it will be killer!

Pwrmac7600

Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard a peep about it , if i had to guess i would say it would share the same screen & Ui as the rack , most likely the color rings and scribble strips of the new foot controller , maybe less I/O options , possibley the same DSP specs as the rack , a headphone jack and a larger price tag than the AX8. How ever it turns up it will be killer!
I don't know, the axe fx III is being released at the same price as the II up intil the recent price drop. I would bet we see the same thing happen with the ax8.

AllTheSound

Reaction score
I don't know, the axe fx III is being released at the same price as the II up intil the recent price drop. I would bet we see the same thing happen with the ax8.
That all depends on if it has the same DSP spec as the rack. if its half the DSP spec then i'd say yeah around the same price as the AX8. maybe a tad more with scribble strips

Pwrmac7600

Premium Member
Reaction score
That all depends on if it has the same DSP spec as the rack. its its half the DSP spec then i'd say yeah around the same price as the AX8.
I just don't see them messing with the price point, but I could be completely wrong.

RAG7890

Premium Member
Reaction score
This is like a million times more exciting then it is buying a tube amp.. any tube amp...
........it would look great sitting on top of one of my Tube Amps Frank. ;) :p :D

It does look cool, that is for sure.

Cheers, Rudi.

frankv

Have You Ever Lost A Love?
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
........it would look great sitting on top of one of my Tube Amps Frank. ;) :p :D

It does look cool, that is for sure.

Cheers, Rudi.
Sure would Rudi. There are all kinds of "trophys" in a man cave.. hahahahah

cybermgk

Singin' the body lectric
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sounds damn good, but that wasn't a surprise. Didn't sound any better than the Axe 2, but then it wasn't using any presets that would really tax the CPU, so again, wouldn't notice it.

That DID show how much easier it is to use from the front, particularly those 5 knobs (nice to just turn the gain right there, etc.).

cybermgk

Singin' the body lectric
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

cybermgk

Singin' the body lectric
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Pwrmac7600

Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds damn good, but that wasn't a surprise. Didn't sound any better than the Axe 2, but then it wasn't using any presets that would really tax the CPU, so again, wouldn't notice it.

That DID show how much easier it is to use from the front, particularly those 5 knobs (nice to just turn the gain right there, etc.).
well even cliff stated that right now it only sounds a little better than the current firmware, it is more looking towards the future. now that some of the hardware constrains are out of his way, it seems the sky is kinda the limit. I personally am really looking forward to what new epiphanies cliff has in store that bring the tone of the axe fx further into sonic nirvana.