Axe Fx II Vs Axe Fx III Demo

Reaction score
Both sound great to my ears. Axe 3 has higher gain levels in this demo. Doesn't show me that the 3 can do anything the 2 could not be dialled in to do. Thanks for sharing the link. I hadn't seen that one.

skysc

Reaction score
Sounds great !!!!! Just purchased an Axe Fx II XL on ebay .. hope ill like it . 1350 $u.s free shipping .. its used in very condition , never gigged always in a studio . The good point is seller is in Canada ( and so am i ) so no taxes , insurances , brokerage/duty fees by UPS . On fractal website a new Axe fx II xl ( in sale ) come out to 2063 USD $$$ ((2,659 $ CND with shipping by ups ( taxes and brokerage duty etc.. included )) . i paid 1350 $ so its 1750 $ CND .... so i saved 900 $ by being used in Canada . Seller has the latest quantum firmware version 9.0 i think from january 2018 . Cant wait to try it . IM a bedroom player but i can afford it and ive been looking at at the axe fx II for a long time

Caoimhin

Reaction score
I think the Axe Fx III is what I & II should have looked like all along instead of looking like a piece of gear made in the 90's. Now they're doing what Line 6 has already been doing with the rack mount Helix.

I think it would be worth the upgrade depending on what we could get for the II XL +
If I'm going to take a big loss then I might as well just keep it if it sounds the same.

kfowler8

Reaction score
I think the Axe Fx III is what I & II should have looked like all along instead of looking like a piece of gear made in the 90's. Now they're doing what Line 6 has already been doing with the rack mount Helix.

I think it would be worth the upgrade depending on what we could get for the II XL +
If I'm going to take a big loss then I might as well just keep it if it sounds the same.
The new UI looks really slick. I will say I haven't had any issues with the II UI. I really like only having a 2U unit. I use Axe Edit to make any adjustments so I'm rarely looking at the unit itself. When I play out, I'm pretty much just looking at my floorboard.

cybermgk

Singin' the body lectric
Premium Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I actually liked the Plexi on the Axe II better. But, in reality, all it had was a little more presence and less resonance than the III. Oddly, as is the Deluxe Verb was the opposite. III also had more reverb decay set. But, I liked the basic tone on the II better. Clean, I did like the III's Class A 15, Dirty, about equal, just different. ODS was a toss up.

BUT, as mentioned, I think either could be minimally tweaked to sound the same.

But then, simple rigs like those, the Axe III is not going to really differ much. It's new tech isn't going to come into play much. It is the more complex stuff, is where it will start to shine, when you load up that processor.