Axcess Owners?

Custom53

Reaction score
Alex Lifeson one here. It's my mine player. I have an R8 and a 68 RI that I just use to fart around the house with but my Alex Lifeson is my stage player.
Paul Revere and the Raiders Tribute Band...?

or... Adam Ant..?

siggy14

Reaction score
Yes I know what the Axcess has, I love traditional les pauls full thickness no belly cuts etc... Only option I would care for is the heel but you cant have it all and I have learned and have no problem soloing with the normal les paul heel. The one thing I dont like about the axcess is the weight relieved or chambered body depending on which model you get and that is why I would get Alex's over a regular axcess. If the FRX is what they say it will be I am sure I will be plenty happy.

As to the MIII I like the switching and with the coil tap it works fine, honestly I mostly either play neck or play bridge either in humbucker mode or single coil mode so it works for me.

As to the nut thickness, it is the same as my 78 Les Paul and that is fine for me, I dont like to thick of a nut as I have smaller fingers. There also is no problem with Access to the upper frets at all and is just as good as my 80's ESP with the deep cut horn.

There's a lot more different in an Axcess from a regular LP than the Floyd. I very much doubt you'll be thrilled with the FRX (if indeed it does get released), depending on what your expectations/needs are.

I like the current MIII, but I think I'd like to tweak that a bit as well.

For starters, I'd have them build it with the original wiring that provided what amounted to two different guitars by switching to two different modes on the five-way. One mode ran the pickups as single-coil and provided all the options of a Strat. Switching into the other mode offered the three basic options of an LP (including bridge plus neck), an interesting fourth option, and a kill switch (guitar off completely). I'd love to see the neck and fretboard moved up a bit to give a little better access to the upper two frets.
I'd love to see the radius at 16" with a wider nut (say, 1 3/4"). But I love that it's got a 25.5" scale and jumbo frets.

Niloy63

Reaction score
Instagram @rratmaster
I have a couple if you are still looking
For what it's worth, I think this thread is from back in 2014, Ratmaster. But I'll tell you what... you got a jaw-dropping collection of guitars, brotha. Truly top notch sh*t. And the Axcess Customs are brilliant. I love mine!

Ratmaster

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I think this thread is from back in 2014, Ratmaster. But I'll tell you what... you got a jaw-dropping collection of guitars, brotha. Truly top notch sh*t. And the Axcess Customs are brilliant. I love mine!
Thanks bud! I appreciate that!

Razzle

Reaction score
I like Floyds on almost all my guitars, including my LPs. I do have some hardtails, but prefer the floyds (yea yea, I know I'm in a small group here).

I tried an Axcess, and tried to like it, I really did, but the necks on these are just way too chunky for my liking.

How ironic, that they carve the heel for "access" but you can't get up that high anyway to play lead notes b/c of the neck.

My fav floyd LP right now is an Agile. This one has a very similar carved heel but it has a much thinner neck (about like what you'd get on a Classic).

You could sell ONE of your Gibson's, buy two of these, and then still have a Gibson left, along with two more nice floyd guitars, and probably have 500 bucks in your pocket. Just saying.

Niloy63

Reaction score
I like Floyds on almost all my guitars, including my LPs. I do have some hardtails, but prefer the floyds (yea yea, I know I'm in a small group here).

I tried an Axcess, and tried to like it, I really did, but the necks on these are just way too chunky for my liking.

How ironic, that they carve the heel for "access" but you can't get up that high anyway to play lead notes b/c of the neck.

My fav floyd LP right now is an Agile. This one has a very similar carved heel but it has a much thinner neck (about like what you'd get on a Classic).

You could sell ONE of your Gibson's, buy two of these, and then still have a Gibson left, along with two more nice floyd guitars, and probably have 500 bucks in your pocket. Just saying.

I definitely understand where you’re coming from, friend. The build quality, though, might be on different playing fields... no? I suppose whether or not the difference is worth while is most definitely down to personal preference.

Last edited:

Side Burns

Reaction score
I definitely understand where you’re coming from, friend. The build quality, though, might be on different playing fields... no? I suppose whether or not the difference is worth while is most definitely down to personal preference.
No build quality issues with Agile. The difference to name a few

-poly finish
-no Nibs
-solid body
-maple neck through
-ebony FB

Niloy63

Reaction score
No build quality issues with Agile. The difference to name a few

-poly finish
-no Nibs
-solid body
-maple neck through
-ebony FB
My experience with Agile is limited and old, so my info is most definitely outdated and most likely irrelevant. But when I first dabbled in the world of 7-strings, my first 7 was an Agile Septor (8 or 9 years ago). I had so many issues that I had to send the first one back and got a replacement. Unfortunately, I had to send the second one back for similar issues. I’m not an excessively picky individual by any means. The issues weren’t minor by any stretch. Cracked neck joint, and then cracked finish surrounding the pickup cavity. But I realize that they have a decent name around some circles... including some folks I knew in college. So it obviously means they’re doing something right. Maybe I just had an unlucky run with them But from my limited experience, the build quality between CS Axcess and Agile shouldn’t be in the same sentence.

Side Burns

Reaction score
My experience with Agile is limited and old, so my info is most definitely outdated and most likely irrelevant. But when I first dabbled in the world of 7-strings, my first 7 was an Agile Septor (8 or 9 years ago). I had so many issues that I had to send the first one back and got a replacement. Unfortunately, I had to send the second one back for similar issues. I’m not an excessively picky individual by any means. The issues weren’t minor by any stretch. Cracked neck joint, and then cracked finish surrounding the pickup cavity. But I realize that they have a decent name around some circles... including some folks I knew in college. So it obviously means they’re doing something right. Maybe I just had an unlucky run with them But from my limited experience, the build quality between CS Axcess and Agile shouldn’t be in the same sentence.

My Agile is a TOM bridge and a 6 string AL-3210. Im sorry to hear you had that much trouble with yours. I wouldn’t say an Agile is a Gibson, but mine was a home run. It has a maple walnut neckthrough & 3/4” maple top. Its solid body, holds tune, sounds great, probably close to 10 lbs lol Its not a Gibson headstock or horn but has the belly cut and smoothed heel and can be had with a Floyd (not sure if Org or Lic) I love mine and recommended one from my experience, but can understand you point. Its actually the guitar i gigged in my avatar pic.

Niloy63

Reaction score
My Agile is a TOM bridge and a 6 string AL-3210. Im sorry to hear you had that much trouble with yours. I wouldn’t say an Agile is a Gibson, but mine was a home run. It has a maple walnut neckthrough & 3/4” maple top. Its solid body, holds tune, sounds great, probably close to 10 lbs lol Its not a Gibson headstock or horn but has the belly cut and smoothed heel and can be had with a Floyd (not sure if Org or Lic) I love mine and recommended one from my experience, but can understand you point. Its actually the guitar i gigged in my avatar pic.
I appreciate the kind sentiment, friend. It looks like they've got a decent track record, so I'm willing to concede that I may have had an unlucky run with them. I am happy to hear that yours is stellar, though! All the specs look fantastic! It's always a great testament to a brand when you can gig their guitars, no doubt! While my experience may have been a bit frustrating, the customer service from that dude at Rondo was great. Paid all the return shipping, and when the time came, refunded the purchase immediately without hesitation and without a restocking fee. So knowing that, maybe I should give Agile another go at it some point in the future.

Last edited: