Avatar 2x12 cab with Plug n Play and WGS mixed speakers

Standard 64

Reaction score
20150606_114506.jpg

20150606_114514.jpg

20150606_112824.jpg
Ordered this "plug and play "from Amazon.Only way it would fit into the stock holes is sideways.Gives you all sorts of options for different OHM hookups.4 OHM mono/16 OHM mono/8 OHM mono/8 OHM stereo.Avatar cabs sells this as an option if you order from them.I bought this cab before they had this.You need two 8 OHM speakers to get ALL the OHM combinations.The one picture of the veteran 30 is to show the beefy magnet.The other speaker(ET65)pairs very nicely with the veteran 30.This combination was recomended by WGS.And I couldnt agree more.This cab rocks the house.Love it.

CRobbins

Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice setup. Is That open back?
The new I was looking have an oval opening?
Congrats. :dude::dude:

xlch721

Reaction score
How do you like the WGS Speakers so far ? I just purchased a pair myself but I got a Retro 30 and an an ET 65. So far I like them they were a bit harsh out of the box but smoothed out after about an hour. I have not had a chance to really crank them up yet. I did compare the Retro30 to a well broken in UK Vintage 30 I have here and I do have to say I like the Retro 30's midrange over the actual Vintage 30. It does not have that harsh spike in the mids also has a bit more sparkle on top and little more bottom end. The ET65 fills out the bottom and top end leaving the Retro 30 to fill out the mids. Will have to wait and see what they sound like after they break in a bit more before I make my final judgement on them but so far I like them.

Standard 64

Reaction score
I really like WGS speakers.Their really on their game.Very good quality speakers.Great prices.And most importantly TONE! Your description is good.The more time on a speaker the better.My Veteran 30 inside my DSL40 combo is a match made in heaven. THX.

jimmer_5

Reaction score
Nice cab! Avatar also offers that jack plate, but they call it a multi-jack. I have one on my Contemporary 2x12 and it works great. My other cabs are just 16 ohm, so it's nice to have something that actually matches my Mini Rectifier (which only has 4 and 8 oh, outputs). Congrats on a great setup - I am tempted by those speakers myself.

Standard 64

Reaction score
Nice cab! Avatar also offers that jack plate, but they call it a multi-jack. I have one on my Contemporary 2x12 and it works great. My other cabs are just 16 ohm, so it's nice to have something that actually matches my Mini Rectifier (which only has 4 and 8 oh, outputs). Congrats on a great setup - I am tempted by those speakers myself.
Their 2 great speakers.Either mixed in a 2x12 or in single 1x12's.It would be great just to have them around.I would get them!!Thanks for the compliment.

Latest Threads