August 2021 BTOTM

wildhawk1

Reaction score
My Tele would disown me.

It prefers the school of Richards and Buchanan over twang.

Credit to the first one that gives this track a go. I'd create a crime scene. :iough:

gadafi

Reaction score
I have the tele but that's about it....

I'll give the other one a crack if I can find the time... cheers.

DavGrape

Disgruntled Yahoo
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's perfect! ↑
I couldn't find the rhythm pattern, you found it!
Hahaha!

gadafi

Reaction score
haha thanks DG, not sure many country music fans would agree lol. I'm liking yours and Para's efforts too, nice work fellas. There's a lot of crew posting on Lessons that should be putting some time into BTOTM, come on guys give it a crack.

Just putting this hack out there for anyone struggling with major/minor scales (as in how many bloody scales do I have to learn FFS). For a major scale just use a minor pentatonic scale/shape (should be the first scale you learn for blues/rock etc) 3 frets down from the root note of the key in question. So a C major scale starting on the 8th fret C note in simple terms is the same as an Am/5th fret minor pentatonic but just starting and finishing on C and C friendly notes. Easy!

gadafi

Reaction score
As the second track is also in major I put this sloppy clip together to better illustrate my previous post's jibberings about using a minor pentatonic shape in a major scale... hopefully makes more sense and might encourage some of you newer guys and/or girls to have a go at BToTM be it in minor or major....

Last edited:

Latest Threads