Aubrey McClendon

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
:wow:

Dude was just indicted yesterday.

Aubrey McClendon, a founder and former chief executive of Chesapeake Energy, died in a fiery single-car crash Wednesday, a day after he was charged with conspiring to rig bids for oil and natural gas leases.

Ex-Chesapeake CEO McClendon dies in car wreck day after indictment

103437391-Screen_Shot_2016-03-02_at_2.50.35_PM.530x298.png

McClendon, 56, crashed into an embankment while traveling at a "high rate of speed" in Oklahoma City just after 9 a.m., said Capt. Paco Balderrama of the Oklahoma City Police Department. Flames engulfed McClendon's vehicle "immediately," and it was burnt so badly that police could not tell if he was wearing a seatbelt, he said.

Whoa!

:wow:

Suicide? Cover-up?

:dunno:

Dolebludger

Reaction score
I' not much of a "conspiracy theorist" but I used to live in Okla. City and know a little about his company, and I tend to agree with all of you above. I hope an autopsy is performed and that authorities are able to determine if it is him or not.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
I hope it's not him. We need some more interesting news these days. Maybe someone will take his voice from a weather balloon or something.
Yep.
I'm bored.

chasenblues

Reaction score
He was gonna rat on the other companies he was just indicted for colluding with and they "Ran" him into the bridge...:hmm:

KP11520

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, There's a stench about this one.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdLEOwTSgfI[/ame]

THDNUT

Reaction score
A driver traveling down a remote two lane highway just happens to plow right into a concrete abutment with his seatbelt undone. Uhmmm, ok. :hmm:

chasenblues

Reaction score
Karen Silkwood ring any bells..

"On November 13, 1974, Silkwood left a union meeting at the Hub Cafe in Crescent. Another attendee of that meeting later testified that Silkwood had a binder and a packet of documents with her at the cafe. Silkwood got into her car and headed alone for Oklahoma City, about 30 miles (48 km) away, to meet with Burnham, the New York Times reporter, and Steve Wodka, an official of her union's national office.

Later that evening, Silkwood's body was found in her car, which had run off the road and struck a culvert. The car contained none of the documents she held in the union meeting at the Hub cafe. She was pronounced dead at the scene in what was believed to be an accident. The trooper at the scene remembers that he found one or two tablets of the sedative methaqualone (Quaalude) in the car, and he remembers finding marijuana. The police report indicated that she fell asleep at the wheel. The coroner found 0.35 milligrams of methaqualone per 100 milliliters of blood at the time of her death — an amount almost twice the recommended dosage for inducing drowsiness.

Some journalists have theorized that Silkwood's car was rammed from behind by another vehicle, with the intent to cause an accident that would result in her death. Skid marks from Silkwood's car were present on the road, suggesting that she was trying to get back onto the road after being pushed from behind.

Investigators also noted damage on the rear of Silkwood's vehicle that, according to Silkwood's friends and family, had not been present before the accident. As the crash was entirely a front-end collision, it did not explain the damage to the rear of her vehicle. A microscopic examination of the rear of Silkwood's car showed paint chips that could have come only from a rear impact by another vehicle. Silkwood's family claimed to know of no accidents of any kind that Silkwood had had with the car, and that the 1974 Honda Civic she was driving was new when purchased and no insurance claims were filed on that vehicle.

Silkwood's relatives, too, confirmed that she had taken the missing documents to the union meeting and placed them on the seat beside her. According to her family, she had received several threatening phone calls very shortly before her death. Speculation about foul play has never been substantiated.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
And the news reports are that the vehicle "immediately burst into flames". Even though it was a heck of an impact, it was frontal and the gas tank is in the rear. Anybody else find that unusual?

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
And the news reports are that the vehicle "immediately burst into flames". Even though it was a heck of an impact, it was frontal and the gas tank is in the rear. Anybody else find that unusual?

What do you mean? I'm sure I've seen Martin and Riggs blow up a car with their pistols. Cars are actually pretty explosive.

Roberteaux

This Space For Rent
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
A driver traveling down a remote two lane highway just happens to plow right into a concrete abutment with his seatbelt undone. Uhmmm, ok. :hmm:

Anything's possible. :dunno:

We had a suicide like that around here once... THI guys figured out it was suicide by seeing that he not only failed to brake while heading for the abutment, but that he actually accelerated.

Dude could have fallen asleep at the wheel or whatever, though it is often the case that the car will decelerate before impact as the driver's foot slips off the gas. Not always, though.

As I said: anything is possible.

--R

Roberteaux

This Space For Rent
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

I was never a traffic investigator per se, but I'm aware that anything that causes a rupture anywhere in the fuel system can lead to a conveyance catching on fire... and there's a lot of different ways for that to happen.

--R

THDNUT

Reaction score
Anything's possible. :dunno:

We had a suicide like that around here once... THI guys figured out it was suicide by seeing that he not only failed to brake while heading for the abutment, but that he actually accelerated.

Dude could have fallen asleep at the wheel or whatever, though it is often the case that the car will decelerate before impact as the driver's foot slips off the gas. Not always, though.

As I said: anything is possible.

--R

I just meant that it's highly unlikely that it was just a random accident. My first thought was "suicide by car crash".

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
He was indicted, not charged or convicted. He was alleged to have cooperated with one of his competitors to not bid against each other on leases. I doubt he killed himself or staged a disappearance in order to beat the DoJ. He was a risk taker and sort of a wild man, it was likely just an accident...or aliens.

Latest Threads