Attn: TC Electronic Toneprint pedal owners - switch replacement

Liquid State

Reaction score
not "what to do?" with my chorus settings, and I don't need prodding to play more guitar. I meant that I am not sure what to do about my plans to buy the Viscous Vibe.
I had already bought a Voodoo Labs Vibe that I thought sounded thin (it is now off my board). Not sure I want a different one that may have issues. I was going to order as soon as available, but now I am not sure.

James R

Reaction score
I think the point was that you're obviously thrilled with the Corona, and you've had no issues with it so far, why rob yourself of the chance to get a pedal you really want because of a thread you read on an Internet forum?

I have 2 TC pedals and wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.
I think they're really great sounding pedals at a reasonably affordable price, I'll hold that opinion until I have first hand experience of one crapping out on me.

Liquid State

Reaction score
fair point - I will say that the internet forum in question is MLP, where I have gathered a huge amount of valuable info (ignoring for a moment the top wrapping and inlay debates)

If I can't find a deal on a used deja vibe or dunlop uv1 uni-vibe before the Viscous Vibe is released I will likely pick one up.

Straydogg

Reaction score
My Viscous Vibe switch died today. New at Christmas 2015. I've only stepped on it maybe 25-30 times. Really don't use it much at all. Never left my home and my pedal board. From what I can find they are not repairable so into the trash it goes. Will NOT get another TC pedal with that same switch.

rabidhamster

Reaction score
I expect you could find a suitable replacement switch at small bear electronics most likely

Mr. Satchmo

Reaction score
I have a flashback x4 delay that I love, but one of the switches is annoying, it still works but has to be presses a certain way to get it to work.

I hate that. but it's a great pedal.

Straydogg

Reaction score
I expect you could find a suitable replacement switch at small bear electronics most likely

From my research the switch is attached to a board and is VERY hard to replace. That makes it undoable for me. Since I was not really impressed with the pedal anyway that seals the deal for me. Gonna look for a different "rotary" pedal.

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Dealing with TC electronics repair issues is an expensive nightmare. I swore of TC stuff for exactly that reason and I am glad that you reminded me why I will never but another TC product.

Many smaller boutique pedal builders have given me great support and at fair to super cool prices. (Big thumbs up to Pigtronix for being super cool. Even though this is not a pedal builder: graphtech has also given me excellent support).

I will offer my thoughts: go with someone else (unless you want to throw away your gear when it breaks) or buy the three year guitar center coverage.

(Having owned and repaired many pieces of gear since I started playing guitar and synths in the late 80s, I have dealt with a lot of companies. Most have treated me well, some have treated me good, some have treated me excellent. Only two are on my "do not buy, except at a deal that is incredible: TC and Love pedals. Both of them worked to get on that list through how they dealt with simple issues, and through me hearing/reading that the treatment I received was exactly the same as others. forget it, plenty of fish out there).

JohanHaellgren

Reaction score
Sad that TC dosen't take its responsibility to maintain our emissions at sane levels, the standard procedure should be to repair instead of replace..

Latest Threads