Attatched To It?

Spirithawk

Reaction score
We all have guitars we realy like but do you have one that you are realy attatched to? One that is like a good friend and you'd miss terribly if anything happened to it? Mine is my old 1967 Univox. To me it is ireplaceable. It's been through Hell and back with me. Carried it every where I went as a teen. Amazing that I managed to keep it in such great condition. It survived Vietnam, a car wreck, three buglaries, and two fires. Just the thought of it gives me a warm feeling inside. I truly love this old guitar. I'm going to pass it down to my youngest daughter when she retires from the Navy and nothing would make me happier than knowing she will continue to care for it and get as much enjoyment out of it as I have and still do. Her eyes light up every time she looks at it. It's the guitar I learned to play on. The guitar that kept me sane when life got insane. The guitar who was a friend when friends couldn't be found. The guitar that gave me a love of playing guitar. The guitar that 40 + years later still gives me goose bumps when I pick it up or listen to my daughter or son play it. It has always been a beautiful sounding and playing guitar but age has made it even more so. Guess this all might sound strange to some of you all but I'm sure there's those who know exactly what I'm talking about. If I could wish each of you one thing it's that you each have at least one such guitar in your life time. If you have such a guitar I'd love to see it. :)

The grand lady;
MVC-021S-3.jpg

MVC-022S-2.jpg

MVC-025S-1.jpg

MVC-026S-5.jpg

Luckynumber3

Reaction score
I don't really have anything yet, but my only 2 electrics (50s reissue strat, Les paul trad pro) do have the history associated with them and memories which I cannot lose. My first guitar, a pos junky, junior acoustic, has been my camping guitar that I beat the crap out of (there a chip missing out of the body, the fretboard is kinda warped, etc.), but losing any of these guitar would be tough.

I like my trad pro but it has had too many problems so far to get super attached; however, even if I did buy another guitar that made it sit in it's case forever, I still couldn't lose it. Same with the strat- even though I don't play it a whole lot anymore, it was my first serious guitar, and was my only guitar for years.

I hope to own a super epic, problem free guitar that can give me the same emotional value someday.

SWeAT hOg

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I love that Univox Spirit! Has it gone for a refret yet? If not, that is one solid guitar.

Here I'm gonna trot out some shots (again) of my turd polish. I can't EVER rid myself of it. I stripped it down myself and went through a real pain in the ass to get to play well. But finally (and only about $350 later) she was complete and I had changed just about everything. I love the Tex-Mex pups, they have such a contrast and sound fantastic together. As well, I think that replacing the old bridge with a Wilkinson full-block trem was also a good move. Can you say sustain???

I'm not much of a soloist and believe a Strat sounds best on a lead guitarist but when I mess around with the Crybaby and it starts to sound how I want it, well......what else can I say??:dude::dude::dude:

IMGP0162.jpg

IMGP0081.jpg

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Spirit I ALWAYS wanted a black Les Cust> In 1992 My friend,Johhny Hate, found me one. It is a 1974. Witches and waffles. T-tops. Neck repair. I paid $500 for it. This guitar OWNS my soul.We have fought so many battles together. I "retired" it from the stage. I'm bringing it out of retirement for my next gig. I feel such a spiritual connection to it.

I LOVE every ding,gouge and scratch. It BEGS to be beat on. Always in tune. Pure sonic GOODNESS! I don't have any kids. I'm getting cremated with it. I'm giving ALL my other guitars to my friends. THE BEAST is going into the fires with me. Hopefully my wive survives me. She can put US on the mantel . Me and My norlin. Number 1 in life and death!:wow:
Guitar003.jpg

Spirithawk

Reaction score
I love that Univox Spirit! Has it gone for a refret yet? If not, that is one solid guitar.

Here I'm gonna trot out some shots (again) of my turd polish. I can't EVER rid myself of it. I stripped it down myself and went through a real pain in the ass to get to play well. But finally (and only about $350 later) she was complete and I had changed just about everything. I love the Tex-Mex pups, they have such a contrast and sound fantastic together. As well, I think that replacing the old bridge with a Wilkinson full-block trem was also a good move. Can you say sustain???

I'm not much of a soloist and believe a Strat sounds best on a lead guitarist but when I mess around with the Crybaby and it starts to sound how I want it, well......what else can I say??:dude::dude::dude:

IMGP0162.jpg

IMGP0081.jpg

Thanks Bro and ya did a nice job on that Strat. :) Nope, never had to do anything to the frets and they look as good as new, no exageration in the least. The fret board shows some wear around the third fret but nothing major. It's never asked for anything but to be played. :) The crazy thing is, this guitar holds tune longer than any guitar I've ever seen. Beyond logic even. Don't know if Univox made the tuners, or who made them for Univox, but I'd match them against any ever made at any price. I've only seen one other like it. It was on sale for $364 back in 1968. Been told many times that it's based on the Gibson Humingbird. Bro, I truly wish you could play it. I've yet, in over 40 years, have anyone play it that didn't afterwards beg me to sell it to them. I've been searching for another one like it but it's pretty rare and yet to find one.

Blues4U

Reaction score
My Number 1 is a partscaster that started out as a 92 MIM strat--

It has had more parts, pieces, necks, pickups and bridges on it than I care to recall-

It is my go to guitar-Tonally, feel and the vibe I get from this beast is beyond compare-Every single person to ever play this thing through an amp, has fell in love-

PC170399.jpg

PC170397.jpg

PC170400.jpg

PC170391.jpg

PC170382.jpg

It's a beast!!!

SWeAT hOg

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score

It has had more parts, pieces, necks, pickups and bridges on it than I care to recall-

It is my go to guitar-Tonally, feel and the vibe I get from this beast is beyond compare-Every sing person to ever play this thing through an amp, has fell in love-

PC170399.jpg

PC170397.jpg

PC170400.jpg

PC170391.jpg

PC170382.jpg

It's a beast!!!
Beautiful! I love the sound of the HotRails, fine beast of a pup

Blues4U

Reaction score
A Little 59 in the Neck, a JB Jr in the middle (A bridge PU) and the Hot Rails in the bridge--

I can do ANYTHING with this guitar. The Hotrails really amaze me at how well they clean up, by rolling back the volume a little---

SWeAT hOg

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
A Little 59 in the bridge, a JB Jr in the middle (A bridge PU) and the Hot Rails in the bridge--

I can do ANYTHING with this guitar. The Hotrails really amaze me at how well they clean up, by rolling back the volume a little---

As a fine player of dirt and filth, I also like how they rip with some distortion!!

Blues4U

Reaction score
As a fine player of dirt and filth, I also like how they rip with some distortion!!

That they do--It is the only pickup, other than maybe a Gibson 500T that seems to do both very well---guts, growl, and really clean---boggles the mind-

This strat is also my 7 year old son's favorite of mine--He calls it "Your Rock and Roll guitar" :naughty::thumb:

leftyguitarman

Reaction score
My Strat.

I love the neck on it, but sadly, it needs a new neck. The frets are worn out and the neck is slightly warped. It'd be cheaper to buy a new neck than to have the neck straightened and refretted.

Luckynumber3

Reaction score

It is my go to guitar-Tonally, feel and the vibe I get from this beast is beyond compare-Every sing person to ever play this thing through an amp, has fell in love-

PC170399.jpg

It's a beast!!!
Wow! My strat has been sitting around and doing nothing, and I have been thinking of modding it too.:applause:
A Little 59 in the bridge, a JB Jr in the middle (A bridge PU) and the Hot Rails in the bridge--

Don't you mean little 59 in the neck?:D

Continuing with what I just said, I was actually thinking about putting a hot rails or something like that in my old strats bridge, mostly to play heavier rock, and to probably keep the guitar in a different tuning than my lp. Sounds like I know what I need to do when I get the pickup issues on my LP solved and a new amp.:thumb:

And this thread (and a quick view of a few other trad pros on ebay) has made me think that my LP is cursed or something...

Blues4U

Reaction score
Wow! My strat has been sitting around and doing nothing, and I have been thinking of modding it too.:applause:

Don't you mean little 59 in the neck?:D

Continuing with what I just said, I was actually thinking about putting a hot rails or something like that in my old strats bridge, mostly to play heavier rock, and to probably keep the guitar in a different tuning than my lp. Sounds like I know what I need to do when I get the pickup issues on my LP solved and a new amp.:thumb:

And this thread (and a quick view of a few other trad pros on ebay) has made me think that my LP is cursed or something...

You are correct--I did mean a Little 59 in the neck---

I am sure somebody, somewhere has 3 bridge PU, s but not this guitar-

The Little 59 in the neck sounds better than any full sized 59 I ever had-It is great--

I also followed Seymour's instructions on these pickups to a T--who better to know what pots and caps, than the man that invented them--

It has CTS 250K Audio taper pots all the way around---I can't remember what cap I put in it, but this guitar can do rock, pop, country, metal--it's the only guitar I own that I could play anything on and it would sound great-

Thundergod

Reaction score
This:

DSC05979.jpg

DSC05981.jpg

DSC05984.jpg

A new store opened in my city and the luthier who built my guitar asked me if I could lend it to the store for the opening night as they are going to sell his guitars and wanted to have as many as possible so people would see the craftsmanship and also all the available options...

Now I was expecting to see her hagin' on a wall and touched by every punk, but the guy knows me and so he got this put in there for her, a table that acts as guitar display too...

316652ab.jpg

She stayed there for 2 days, I missed her so much, the original "deal" was for a week, but I just had to have her back.:)

Latest Threads