As God is my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly. Happy Thanksgiving MLP

NRBQ

Reaction score
I'm sort of making this a Thanksgiving tradition around here. This is for you MLP, without further ado I present a true classic, Les Nessman And The Great Turkey Drop.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNh5W491l3M[/ame]

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
OMG I loved that show! The funniest thing about it was that it seemed to be so true to life. When I first met my wife she was working at the local radio station (kind of the same job as Bailey) and the antics that went on at that radio staion were exactly like WKRP! It was life imitating art imitating life. :D
One time I was on the morning show because I was the local rock guitar player (and no doubt because my wife worked there)....the set-up was that the morning man was bar-b-q-ing dogs and burgers for listeners out on the front lawn and I was his assistant. Anyway, the bar-b-que caught on fire and the morning guy announcer ran away screaming thinking the propane tank was going to blow up ....hahaha...OMG I haven't thought of this for so long...I ended up putting the fire out and then took over on the air for a minute until they got it together.

Yeah...happy thanksgiving my American friends! And remember...turkeys can't fly....:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

wwit

Reaction score
WKRP was one of my favorites as a kid and my ribs still hurt from laughing at the Turkey Drop episode all those years ago.

Loni never did much for me, but that Bailey....whoosh. :thumb:

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I loved that show!! And that episode is one of my faves as well as ole Herb getting stuck in the elevator with Jennifer,Classic! Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!!!

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
A true classic, both show and episode. Egads though I had hair just like a certain Program Manager back then.

NRBQ

Reaction score
I think one classic moment that we forget about this clip is when Les starts talking about how the Turkeys turned on them to attack, almost as if they were organized. It's such a funny moment, cause you can see him reliving the horror as he tells it. It's really a classic moment within a classic moment.

andreww

Reaction score
Classic show for sure. I remember them doing an episode about the Who concert in Cincinnati where some kids were killed. The show had just the right mixture of comedy and social awareness.

Unfortunately whenever I've seen it in reruns, all the great music has been removed, apparently due to royalty issues.

LP121

Reaction score
Thing is, wild turkeys can fly. They roost in trees regularly.

Al Walker

Reaction score
They can fly. Proof of that is found on the hood of one of our trucks at work. They make a hell of a dent!

NRBQ

Reaction score
Classic show for sure. I remember them doing an episode about the Who concert in Cincinnati where some kids were killed. The show had just the right mixture of comedy and social awareness.

Unfortunately whenever I've seen it in reruns, all the great music has been removed, apparently due to royalty issues.

That's another thing I think those that remember forget, is that the show was about a Rock & Roll radio station so it featured real rock music for probably the very first time on tv. If that has changed then the show just won't be the same if it's seen now with alt songs and artists. That was a big part of the "cool" within the show, there was no other show that represented the rock and roll lifestyle, they were it.

LP121

Reaction score
That's another thing I think those that remember forget, is that the show was about a Rock & Roll radio station so it featured real rock music for probably the very first time on tv. If that has changed then the show just won't be the same if it's seen now with alt songs and artists. That was a big part of the "cool" within the show, there was no other show that represented the rock and roll lifestyle, they were it.

Then there was Les Nessman doing the farm report. Classic TV.

Meatwad

Reaction score
Then there was Les Nessman doing the farm report. Classic TV.
And don't forget his "Weather Out Your Window" reports.:laugh2:

Less was awesome!!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpaNja0ZNbg[/ame]

Skeletor

Reaction score

Apparently they worked out the royalty issues and released the entire series on DVD with the original music about a year ago.
I picked up the set and the few episodes that I had time to watch have held up really well. A lot of other programs that I liked back in the 70s/80s really stink when watching them now - WKRP is definitely one of the exceptions as they are still great/relevant today.

WaywerdSon

Reaction score
That first episode when the new program director walks in and hangs up the KISS poster. Classic! I had a bunch of buddies that worked in radio in the 80s and every single one of them were huge WKRP fans. It really isn't too far from the truth. The cheesy salesmen in particular

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I have two words for you: Herb Tarlek...

herb-tarlek.jpg

and (a few more words) Bailey was hot (much hotter than Loni)...

bailey2-300x225.jpg

Latest Threads