arrived safe and sound NGD. 2018 R8. Honey lemon fade

Brek

Reaction score
Well this pretty little thing turned up on my doorstep this morning. neck intact lol. Weighing a healthy 8lb 12oz. Doh, So I now have 3 guitars all around the same weight. So much for operation light weight Lester.
36F0103F-D7BB-42F6-9FF7-D682DA8A4C58.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

dmac in SC

Reaction score
That's a perfect weight! Congrats!

But why do you guys have to post these beauties? I've got the itch for an SG, which I have never owned and really can't afford right now, and now I'm 50% more likely to pull the trigger soon:lol:

HJR

Reaction score
That’s beautiful! Congrats and that is a perfect weight! Anything in the 8s in my book.

Brek

Reaction score
Yeah it in the right range, was curious about a light one. no biggy. This guitar has same chunky neck as my R9. which feels nice, really feels like it supports your grip when playing. its amazing how consistent the sound is. I have a 2013, 2018, and a 2020, all have a similar tone. although the 2013 just edges them in woody rounded bass tone. with the beanos in the 2020 60's V2 neck it shakes things up a bit tonewise. To differentiate this one is going oop.

Last edited:

goldtop0

Reaction score
Congrats.........it's got the vintage faded look for sure :cool2:

pjholland

Reaction score
Nice lookin, that's a very reasonable weight. Congrats!

Brek

Reaction score
Thanks all, it was a bit of a worrying experience in all with messages asking for certain things done for postage not replied/ignored. Just so happy it arrived in one piece (the courier used is about as bad a they can be for careless handling of goods). So I just spent a couple of hours doing a paint 'correction' as they call it in the car trade. Used Farecla G3 with a soft lint free cloth, finish after a couple of year playing by previous owner was a bit rough under the finger tips, so a bit of elbow grease has it smooth as a smooth thing, amazing how dirty the oxidised lacquer, oils, grease and what ever is on the cloth when finished. Now better than it left the factory (prolly).

Latest Threads