Army Cuts Tuition Assistance Today

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'll call them all up. Shit, I don't see any of them taking cuts.

I can't verify it, but I was told they gave their STAFFERS RAISES... on their way out the door for another long weekend (with pay of course).

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Neither was the former government.

The reason i point out this adminstration is that
the first thing the WH did was cut COLA for Disabled
Veterans for three years, then finaly gave a mini-COLA
increase just before his re-election.
Under Bush he gave the most increases for disabled veterans
since they started doing it.

Lampens

Reaction score
Im right next door to the F35, trust me, its a POS. The only attribute that makes it remotely attractive is foreign sales which in the end, and in the Governments eyes, turns it into a freebee in the future. But if they dont get their heads out of their asses and make it worth its weight, there wont BE any foreign sales.

That shit is the biggest controversy over here. Nobody understands why they went with that. Ok, so maybe a couple of dutch companies could have some part in production or development. I don't think it will ever amount to what they had in mind the benefits will be since it has become the biggest fail.

They should have bought of the shelf to replace the f16's.

And they have civilians doing all sorts of stuff on bases over here too. It's good for the communities surrounding the bases. Big fuss over shutting down bases in the next couple of years due to budget cuts. It has an effect on the economy. More then I had expected for those communities.

But I agree with Mekevin. A lot of stuff could be done by soldiers themselves. We don't have to guard our own bases anymore. Civilian security does that on most bases. Engineers could be building stuff. But then again. The construction business over here went down the shitter the last two years. They need every help they can get to keep from firing more construction workers. And the engineer corp is pretty well done after afghanistan and other missions. Those dudes are needed all the time. They probably really need their time for other stuff.

I guess someone weighted the pro's and cons. Someone on a very different paygrade then me probably.

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I just think it's a joke that it was the necessary cut.

Here's a private realizing he made the worst mistake of his life. Then he's realizing he's going to get college paid for.

But wait, the Drill Sergeant is telling him TA is cancelled.
face-to-face-with-a-drill-sergeant.jpg

I don't know if I feel sympathetic or if I'm laughing my ass off at the concept.

Either way, I enlisted in a field which requires an extended enlistment contract, and a VERY slow promotion system. Shit I'm sure Engel would back me up. I've got 20+ year E5s... Just waiting on the E6 to die or get out...

LesLuvva

Reaction score
Looks to me like you couldn't explain it if you tried.

Didn't take long for a Gross Conceptual Error to appear.

The gov't took in more money last year than ever.
Will take in more in 2013 than ever before - even WITH the cuts.

Trimming 44 billion from a 4 TRILLION budget is 1%.
The baseline budgeting already included enough automatic increases to stay well ahead of this.
The budget is NOT fxcking shrinking, and you're NOT paying any fxcking attention to facts.

Look into entitlements - or Money for Nothing if that helps you understand it.
Why does Uncle Sam mail out 80 million checks a month in a country of 300 million?

And you wanna get all partisan about it?
Okay.
Tell me how your beloved Dumbocrats plan to pay off a $16 trillion debt on $2 trillion in tax revenue per year.
Especially when they add over $1 trillion per year to the fdebt xcking mess - it will be over $21 trillion by 2017.

And they have ALREADY promised an additional $100 trillion to people that they can never pay.

On $2 trillion per year.

Math much?

Maybe it's time you started :rolleyes: :facepalm:

Schools are state-funded - you need to turn the Obama Rhetoric Feed to your brain down a bit.
Federal tax dollars - now over $100 billion a year - go for bullsh!t/boondoggle programs, not school funding.

Did you pay enough last year?
How much more are YOU gonna pay this year?

And if it means so much to you, you can always chip in a few extra bucks to help out poor Uncle Sam...

Funny how you never got a response. How, uh, (ahem) surprising...:rolleyes::laugh2:

MeKevin

Reaction score
Leaked email adds fuel to claims White House playing politics over impact of cuts | Fox News

this whole thing is to piss service members off and get them to complain to their reps and senators.

There is plenty of fat to be trimmed. The powers that be chose tuition assistance.

That's what I think it's supposed to be too. There was all that doomsday talk about all the things that would shut down. Airports would shut down with cuts to TSA, yada yada.

In the end, just like real life, it's the Soldiers who are the pawns.

The TA is supposed to be suspended indefinitely, but I think they will reinstate it soon enough, 2 months tops. There is all this talk about veterans unemployment and they create programs to combat this, so taking away TA is pretty counter-productive.

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Leaked email adds fuel to claims White House playing politics over impact of cuts | Fox News

this whole thing is to piss service members off and get them to complain to their reps and senators.

There is plenty of fat to be trimmed. The powers that be chose tuition assistance.

Damn straight, not that he's going to read it.
Senator
My name is *, I have lived in Florida my entire life. I currently am serving out Nation and our State in the Army National Guard. I joined knowing that I could have the means to finish my education. Currently I am in an appeal process to receive my GI Bill. Tuition assistance was my only option in paying for my education in the interim.

Like myself, there were thousands of young adults who sat in the recruiter's office and were told all the wonderful benefits of the military. Like most of us, we found it not to be what it seems. We enjoy our jobs though, and the benefits make it worthwhile.

I am writing you to tell you I feel dishonored. In 7 days I leave the United States to support operations over seas. How am I supposed to feel, when the men sending me to fight these wars can't uphold their end of the bargain? What message does that send me?

It tells me that 535 overpaid grown adults cannot do their job. I make under $30,000 a year. I do my job. It tells me that I am not cared about as a citizen and as a soldier. No amount of lip service will change that.

I am 21 years old and I am doing everything in my power to secure my economic future. I did the right thing, as did thousands of other troops. Sadly, it does not appear that it will benefit that much more.

Latest Threads