Army Cuts Tuition Assistance Today

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
Basically it's being decided upon, which can take a century. I took classes with a crew chief who was medically discharged after a crash, broken neck. It took him like 2 years to get medical retirement after being denied. There's a large number of claims going through right now.

Like I said, farmville on Facebook. Either way I have to put it on hold. I'm getting together my personal affairs, I'm gone in a week.

Yeah, I've heard that every first claim is denied. I didn't have any problem using my Montgomery GI Bill benefits, but I'm told they have a new program now.

Anyway, network. Older guys who have been there can help you navigate the system. Good luck.

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I got denied my GI bill to... but that had nothing to do with funding, just me listening to some jackass who had no idea what he was talking about.. me and about 1500 other guys got the same screwing back in '93...

WTF? is going on

FUS44

Reaction score
This current government is not our freind

Well that depends who you include in "our". Some people think this government is the best thing ever. They even post about it.

MeKevin

Reaction score
Our 1SG said TA will be coming back within the next year. He didn't say probably or anything, he said it is, but I dunno how true that is.

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Well there's 3 Types of 1SG's out there.

1) I Am God. Bow before me. (Always wrong)
2) I AM God. Bow before me. (Always right)
3) Phil, don't ****ing let me catch you at parade rest for me.

So..... Hopefully he is right.

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
All the officers with their fancy trust fund degrees be like:

a_560x375.jpg

Then all the green to gold officers be like:
not-my-problem.jpg

Then all the warrants be like:
5311143060_no_college_answer_6_xlarge.jpeg

But since TA is gone:

7a067b_4080043.jpg

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Well there's 3 Types of 1SG's out there.

1) I Am God. Bow before me. (Always wrong)
2) I AM God. Bow before me. (Always right)
3) Phil, don't ****ing let me catch you at parade rest for me.

So..... Hopefully he is right.

You forgot the Constantly Drunk 1st SGT which is what
i had haha
Navy has Chiefs, but you cant drink on ship so they
guzzle coffee all day

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard that every first claim is denied. I didn't have any problem using my Montgomery GI Bill benefits, but I'm told they have a new program now.

Anyway, network. Older guys who have been there can help you navigate the system. Good luck.

The VA office at UCF would have been helpful if it had some veterans in it, not work study kids. When I went they gave me a whole lot of misinformation for programs they never heard of before the two weeks they started school.

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You forgot the Constantly Drunk 1st SGT which is what
i had haha
Navy has Chiefs, but you cant drink on ship so they
guzzle coffee all day

See Top really doesn't fit in any of those categories. I rarely interact with him, but he's closer to #3. My God he is funny.

Lurko

Reaction score
You all can call up your Republican congressman Monday and thank him for fvcking you and the rest of your military buds.

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You all can call up your Republican congressman Monday and thank him for fvcking you and the rest of your military buds.

I'll call them all up. Shit, I don't see any of them taking cuts.

Lurko

Reaction score

Go read a paper; I'm not gonna explain the sequester to you. Suffice to say the Republican reps would rather soldiers not go to college and kids not go to school than have a millionaire pay a single dollar more in taxes.

Publius pro tem

Reaction score
Go read a paper; I'm not gonna explain the sequester to you.
Looks to me like you couldn't explain it if you tried.

Suffice to say the Republican reps would rather soldiers not go to college...
Didn't take long for a Gross Conceptual Error to appear.

The gov't took in more money last year than ever.
Will take in more in 2013 than ever before - even WITH the cuts.

Trimming 44 billion from a 4 TRILLION budget is 1%.
The baseline budgeting already included enough automatic increases to stay well ahead of this.
The budget is NOT fxcking shrinking, and you're NOT paying any fxcking attention to facts.

Look into entitlements - or Money for Nothing if that helps you understand it.
Why does Uncle Sam mail out 80 million checks a month in a country of 300 million?

And you wanna get all partisan about it?
Okay.
Tell me how your beloved Dumbocrats plan to pay off a $16 trillion debt on $2 trillion in tax revenue per year.
Especially when they add over $1 trillion per year to the fdebt xcking mess - it will be over $21 trillion by 2017.

And they have ALREADY promised an additional $100 trillion to people that they can never pay.

On $2 trillion per year.

Math much?

Maybe it's time you started :rolleyes: :facepalm:

... and kids not go to school...
Schools are state-funded - you need to turn the Obama Rhetoric Feed to your brain down a bit.
Federal tax dollars - now over $100 billion a year - go for bullsh!t/boondoggle programs, not school funding.

... than have a millionaire pay a single dollar more in taxes.
Did you pay enough last year?
How much more are YOU gonna pay this year?

And if it means so much to you, you can always chip in a few extra bucks to help out poor Uncle Sam...

Publius pro tem

Reaction score
And speaking of tuition funding - this just in -

7NEWS - House approves lowering tuition for Colorado illegal immigrant students, bill goes to governor - Local Story

Do you notice that they NEVER mention party affiliation in the opening paragraph?
The media seems to think that those little details are not important.
But you wanna take a wild-ass guess?

I'll eat my computer mouse if it's not the (D) crowd.
Yep, there it is - buried down in the story so no one will notice...

Pot's legal, guns are not, and criminals get tuition preference.

Maybe you should move there.
River's sure to have a couch to crash on...

Deftone

Reaction score

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Looks to me like you couldn't explain it if you tried.

Didn't take long for a Gross Conceptual Error to appear.

The gov't took in more money last year than ever.
Will take in more in 2013 than ever before - even WITH the cuts.

Trimming 44 billion from a 4 TRILLION budget is 1%.
The baseline budgeting already included enough automatic increases to stay well ahead of this.
The budget is NOT fxcking shrinking, and you're NOT paying any fxcking attention to facts.

Look into entitlements - or Money for Nothing if that helps you understand it.
Why does Uncle Sam mail out 80 million checks a month in a country of 300 million?

And you wanna get all partisan about it?
Okay.
Tell me how your beloved Dumbocrats plan to pay off a $16 trillion debt on $2 trillion in tax revenue per year.
Especially when they add over $1 trillion per year to the fdebt xcking mess - it will be over $21 trillion by 2017.

And they have ALREADY promised an additional $100 trillion to people that they can never pay.

On $2 trillion per year.

Math much?

Maybe it's time you started :rolleyes: :facepalm:

Schools are state-funded - you need to turn the Obama Rhetoric Feed to your brain down a bit.
Federal tax dollars - now over $100 billion a year - go for bullsh!t/boondoggle programs, not school funding.

Did you pay enough last year?
How much more are YOU gonna pay this year?

And if it means so much to you, you can always chip in a few extra bucks to help out poor Uncle Sam...

Too big to fail, and NOW too big to jail according ti Eric Holder.

I think all bullshit talk about "entitlement" just went out the fvckig window, as of this week.

Fvck the military, but gotta bailout and protect the fvcking crooks.

Yeah. Right.

GNR4EVR

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Army Suspends Tuition Assistance - YouTube

There is so much waste in military spending. SO MUCH WASTE. They never cut from defense stuff. I can understand this, but they will overpay for stuff. It's ridiculous. I'm talking minor screws that costs $.10 they will pay dollars for.

I believe an L-3 Contract last year was $167,000 for MY JOB in AFG.

I make $22,000 on active duty RAW. Once I get taxed I make $19,000 a year. Deployed it comes to be about $26,000. These guys are more experienced than I am, so an E5 is going to make $27,000.. So They're overpaying contractors $140,000.

Horse SHIT.

So I'm sure all the privates in Basic right now have yet to hear of this, but will sure be pissed as hell to find out one of the reasons they signed up is gone.

I would not be surprised if the GI bill gets screwed with. They waste a shit ton on all sorts of stuff but when it comes to living condition or benefits, those are the first to go.

Brother, I get how you feel, but the whole reason I have my job is its actually more cost efficient to have contractors do it. Contractors will never replace operational combat units in my job though. All you see is what you are getting paid. What the governmant is paying out to operate an entire unit is actually much more than the 167k youre referring to for active duty to do it partly because of the schooling and continuing training involved. As a contractor, they dont send us to school, they rely mostly on prior military training to do the job. When we deploy, we get 100 % perdiem at the same rate as the military, and that means any unused funds get deducted from our pay, which can be quite a bit because either you use or you lose it. Its still a good gig, but the selling feature is that we can actually do the whole job cheaper than an active duty squadron would. i cant speak for any other fields, but thats how it is where I am.

Latest Threads