Army Cuts Tuition Assistance Today

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Army Suspends Tuition Assistance - YouTube

There is so much waste in military spending. SO MUCH WASTE. They never cut from defense stuff. I can understand this, but they will overpay for stuff. It's ridiculous. I'm talking minor screws that costs $.10 they will pay dollars for.

I believe an L-3 Contract last year was $167,000 for MY JOB in AFG.

I make $22,000 on active duty RAW. Once I get taxed I make $19,000 a year. Deployed it comes to be about $26,000. These guys are more experienced than I am, so an E5 is going to make $27,000.. So They're overpaying contractors $140,000.

Horse SHIT.

So I'm sure all the privates in Basic right now have yet to hear of this, but will sure be pissed as hell to find out one of the reasons they signed up is gone.

I would not be surprised if the GI bill gets screwed with. They waste a shit ton on all sorts of stuff but when it comes to living condition or benefits, those are the first to go.

cmh6122

Reaction score
Get used to it. For all the "Thank you for your service" lip service, no one really cares that does not have skin in the game. And that has become a very small part of our society.
Have gone from losing a man a day this time last year to about a man every two weeks in Afghanistan. It's war for profit now. Don't need soldiers for that.

BillB1960

Reaction score
Gov't can do nothing right, bla bla bla yet somehow, we're NOT speaking german and sleep in peace at night……………A day without government will take YEARS to fix, if ever. Hate it all you want, its VERY necessary.

That is all

H.E.L.Shane

Reaction score
Thats what the GI Bill is for....

Maybe I'm a bit jaded..

but... i never had TIME to take any courses while i was in the military...

I heard the supply and electronics Jerkoffs in the next barracks over talking about it......

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I got denied my GI bill and I'm appealing bullshit through the VA. They're f*cking me hard with no lube. My case is sitting around on some dude's desk while he's playing farmville on Facebook.

TA was really my only option while I'm sorting through it. I missed being able to apply for it last semester because of the military. Now I'm mobilized so I can't go to school.

I have a chapter 1606 GI Bill anyways which means I have to be enrolled full time to access it. Then they pay a couple hundred bucks a month not tuition.

acstorfer

Reaction score
Thats what the GI Bill is for....

Maybe I'm a bit jaded..

but... i never had TIME to take any courses while i was in the military...

I heard the supply and electronics Jerkoffs in the next barracks over talking about it......
I CLEP'd my ass off and was fortunate enough to earn my A.A.S. while I was in the Air Force.

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I already had the AA. **** it, I might as well get certifications. I'm looking at my career plan, bachelor's degree or not, I still have to go get all the certifications.

Bud Stoner

Something Something Jedi...
Reaction score
That sounds too familiar in a really messed up way.

I was in the USMC 79-83 and Jimmy Carter cut the GI Bill while in office, and after I was already out, Ronald Reagan reinstated it.

Sucks ass!

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
So how do you get a piece of that pie?:hmm:

It depends. Some of those guys are vets, some are certified... Actually all have the proper certifications.

I looked at one and they wanted an A&P with airframe specific time.

Deftone

Reaction score
Work your ass off, sign away your life to serve your country and you get screwed.

Sit on your ass and do nothing and get paid for it.

The whole situation is nauseating.

H.E.L.Shane

Reaction score
I got denied my GI bill and I'm appealing bullshit through the VA. They're f*cking me hard with no lube. My case is sitting around on some dude's desk while he's playing farmville on Facebook.

TA was really my only option while I'm sorting through it. I missed being able to apply for it last semester because of the military. Now I'm mobilized so I can't go to school.

I have a chapter 1606 GI Bill anyways which means I have to be enrolled full time to access it. Then they pay a couple hundred bucks a month not tuition.

I got denied my GI bill to... but that had nothing to do with funding, just me listening to some jackass who had no idea what he was talking about.. me and about 1500 other guys got the same screwing back in '93...

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Army Suspends Tuition Assistance - YouTube

There is so much waste in military spending. SO MUCH WASTE. They never cut from defense stuff. I can understand this, but they will overpay for stuff. It's ridiculous. I'm talking minor screws that costs $.10 they will pay dollars for.

I believe an L-3 Contract last year was $167,000 for MY JOB in AFG.

I make $22,000 on active duty RAW. Once I get taxed I make $19,000 a year. Deployed it comes to be about $26,000. These guys are more experienced than I am, so an E5 is going to make $27,000.. So They're overpaying contractors $140,000.

Horse SHIT.

So I'm sure all the privates in Basic right now have yet to hear of this, but will sure be pissed as hell to find out one of the reasons they signed up is gone.

I would not be surprised if the GI bill gets screwed with. They waste a shit ton on all sorts of stuff but when it comes to living condition or benefits, those are the first to go.

It's a hard lesson and a bitter pill. For all the God and country flag waving, the very politicians who will put your ass in harm's way for purely selfish political purposes, really DON'T give a fvck about you.

Also, and you can quote me on this, "He who makes the law (Congress) is above the law".

Deftone

Reaction score
4 more years and I'm done.

Well thanks for the years you put in, Bud. I know you bust your ass for pennies and you're ready to go give your life at a moments notice. Some of us appreciate that sacrifice. Every freedom I enjoy is because of people like you.

Respect.

Deus Vult

Banned
Reaction score
Well thanks for the years you put in, Bud. I know you bust your ass for pennies and you're ready to go give your life at a moments notice. Some of us appreciate that sacrifice. Every freedom I enjoy is because of people like you.

Respect.

in before the "what freedoms have you secured" crowd :thumb:

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
Bill, can you enlist the assistance of your college's VA counselor? Have youexplored reaching out to other veteran's groups?

You need to start networking with other vets/GIs about the VA's denial of your claim. I don't know who can help you appeal that decision, but look for local military support organizations and call them. Explain your plight.

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Bill, can you enlist the assistance of your college's VA counselor? Have youexplored reaching out to other veteran's groups?

You need to start networking with other vets/GIs about the VA's denial of your claim. I don't know who can help you appeal that decision, but look for local military support organizations and call them. Explain your plight.

Basically it's being decided upon, which can take a century. I took classes with a crew chief who was medically discharged after a crash, broken neck. It took him like 2 years to get medical retirement after being denied. There's a large number of claims going through right now.

Like I said, farmville on Facebook. Either way I have to put it on hold. I'm getting together my personal affairs, I'm gone in a week.

Latest Threads