Armstrong P51, Sourmash Cab w/ Scumback m75s

JMV

Reaction score
Armstrong P-51 head Serial #3 with Sourmash 2x12 Cab loaded with Scumback M75 Speakers.

Both head and cab are covered in British Green tolex. Pictures and Youtube demos below.

Thea head is 50 watts, powered by two KT77 (EL34) JJs and is loaded with three JJ gold pin ecc803s preamp tubes. It is somewhat based off the trainwreck sounds and responsiveness. Unfortunately Bill is no longer building amps, and not very many of them were produced. It is INCREDIBLY touch responsive. No master volume. Controls are: presence, bass, mid, treble, pre-amp boost switch, volume, and power amp boost switch.

The Armstrong P-51 is an all tube guitar amplifier. Utilizing a transparent circuit design that offers extreme tonal flexibility, the P-51 is an amplifier that can work well with most any music style and is an extremely good pedal platform. With fantastic dynamics, harmonic richness and great sustain this amp inspires experienced players to play their very best. The P-51 is a 50 watt KT77 based amplifier wired in true point to point fashion using very high grade switches and electronics for reliable great tone.

The cab is a Sourmash 2x12 8 ohm cab built to Marshall 2061cx specs. The dimensions are 27"H x 26"W x 12"D. It is loaded with two 16 ohm 65 watt Scumback m75 speakers. Both speakers received the factory break-in treatment from Scumback. Cab has Marshall style salt and pepper grille cloth and gold piping.

Asking $1500 Shipped and Paypal'd in the Contiguous US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ0liy5mbGo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h9ouihLKp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYwdew-QHpo

DrakeZero

Reaction score
Damn never thought I would see one of the P-51 become available. Been out of the loop for a bit but what happened to armstrong amps?

JMV

Reaction score
I'm not sure of the whole back story, but back when I bought my amp from Bill he still had a full time job and was building on the side. Still, he dedicated a LOT of time with me over the phone talking about the amp, his design, how it came to be, and music in general. At this point, he has turned to building custom guitars and basses (which are really sweet, by the way).

I hope he some day gets back into amp building. His creations are impeccable.

JMV

Reaction score
Bumparoo.

I will also provide the buyer with a very limited edition signed JMV guitar pick. Only swallowed once.

JMV

Reaction score
Bump.

Price lowered to $1400 shipped and paypal'd for both the head and cab. Willing to separate so long as I sell the head first.

Ed B

Reaction score
Wow, a blast from the past. I really wish I didn't let mine go. Such a killer amp!

Good luck with the sale, Jon.

JMV

Reaction score
Thanks, Ed!

I would really love to hold on to it, but with three kids in the house ages 5 and under, I never get to play it. I know you can relate. :laugh2:

Brutus

Reaction score
If the price is right, I'm in for the cab, loaded or unloaded, when you sell the head.

JMV

Reaction score
I'll keep that in mind! I've had a little interest in the head by itself, but no solid offers just yet.

JMV

Reaction score
Adjusting the price to $1300 shipped and paypal'd for the head and cab.

Latest Threads