Arlington Guitar Show 2014...Anyone Going?

pinefd

V.I.P. Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Who's going to the Arlington show next month? A show of hands, please! :thumb:

Frank

SuperDuty62

Banned
Reaction score
I will be there both days looking for some parts and maybe guitars and such!!!! I haven't booked a room yet, I will be driving from Austin.

SuperDuty62

Banned
Reaction score
I'm probably going, had no idea about this
They have it every year on the same date so to speak. Lots of good deals I always found. I go both days so I can see what I want to get, then come back Sunday and wait until I see from the selections I wanted and get really good deals on them! Not many of the guitar shops want to haul back equipment 800-1300 miles back home and try and sell it there!

There are music stores from East Coast, North, and West Coast come from all over and it is the biggest guitar show in the U.S.! You will be shocked when you first walk into it for the first time!

Back when I first started going to them in 1996 when Gibson Explorers and Firebirds were around a $1,000 new, I would get brand new ones for $650-$700! A LOT OF SAVINGS on Sundays!

I would wait until about 1-3pm on Sunday to make my purchases as the place would be thinned out by then compared to Saturdays crowd!

I hadn't been in the last 10 years, so I am excited to see whats there!

rabidhamster

Reaction score
I'm planning for it - I'll do my best to make it. Seems like it sneaks up on me every year.

Seven

Reaction score
I might be going with a couple guitars this year... Always have a good time at this show..:dude:

geddy402

Reaction score
I would love to go one of these years but until I get there I would love to live vicariously through one of you guys! So is anyone going? Any good stories from the show?

geddy402

Reaction score
My bad, must have missed that one. Feel free to delete if you would like.

Merged

hoss

Reaction score
I was in 2012 and it was great. Maybe next year I'll be bäck.

rvschulz

Reaction score
I'm thinking of going. for a newbie to the show ... give me some strategic advice concerning hotels, etc. thanks.

hoss

Reaction score
I'm thinking of going. for a newbie to the show ... give me some strategic advice concerning hotels, etc. thanks.
The Arlington Sheraton would be your best bet, because it is connected to the exhibition center and "everybody" stays there.

The hotels in the area may be packed, because the Cowboys have a home game that weekend and the stadium is near by.

Chef Greg

Reaction score
I'm going & bringing my '99 Vintage World Murphy along for the ride!! ...eager to meet some new friends & see some old friends ---(and eat @ Mercado Juarez of course!!)

See you there Saturday!!

pinefd

V.I.P. Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
^^^ Awesome, Greg! See you there!

Frank

w.izzy

Reaction score
Hello everybody. .. I will be arriving to Dallas at 5 AM that day and have to leave at 5:30 PM. I will try to attend from the opening time until 4. I will be carrying a guitar. Do you think that may be an issue?

how do i recognise you guys??

Thank you very much

hoss

Reaction score
Hello everybody. .. I will be arriving to Dallas at 5 AM that day and have to leave at 5:30 PM. I will try to attend from the opening time until 4. I will be carrying a guitar. Do you think that may be an issue?

how do i recognise you guys??

Thank you very much
You will need to register your guitar at the entrance.

Find the TW59 booth and you will be all set :)

Latest Threads