Argh! torn up between two guitar. One has to go.

Jonte

Reaction score
So, here we have a 08 standard "2010" and a 2002 standard with 60's neck.

I have to sell one of them, and i really dont know which one.
The 2002 has that awesome 60's neck that my short fingers love, but the 2010 IMHO has a better and more airy tone to it. The 02 seems slightly closed.
They both feature Burstbucker pros.

Im really torn between them, help me choose!

left 2002 - right 08 spec 2010

front 2002 - back 08 spec 2010

L60N

Reaction score
I'd take tone over feel anyday but thats me.

My heart sank that the 2002 isnt sounding the best because I would always prefer to keep an older guitar but in the end you wanna satisfy your ears so keep the 2010 and ditch the '02.

Your hands will just have to learn accomodate the neck. :thumb:

rideski

Reaction score
Both have beautiful tops on them. Which inspired you more? I'd keep the one that inspires.

76Custom

Reaction score
:lol: What he said. Randy Rhoads had stubby fingers and it sure didn't stop him from KILLING on the Norlin of his. I like the 2010s looks FWIW.

Jonte

Reaction score
Both have beautiful tops on them. Which inspired you more? I'd keep the one that inspires.
good one!
I might have to only play these two for a week, and see which one i pick up the most, and which one I get productive with.

Jonte

Reaction score
BTW, is it possible to change pups in the 2010? it looks like a freakin airplane inside...

myhorse

Reaction score
Check the market, it may not be worth selling either.

Often I 'll see something I want and I think if I got rid (trade) one guitar in on it I can pickup the new guitar.

But often a guitar your paid $2000 for, may only fetch $800-$900 on trade or sale.Again I am talking actual sell price, not buy it now or asking price

Therefore that small value of the outgoing guitar may not be worth the anguish of losing it.

And once it is gone, it can't come back

Jonte

Reaction score
Good point, however both of them are bought used.. i just picked up the 2010 today for a great price... So, reselling either of them wont make a big difference. I know one thing for sure.. that is, i dont need three Gibson Les Paul standards. hehe. The black one is a keeper.

Ed Man

Reaction score
I think I would go with tone over feel. Your hands can adjust to the neck as long as it's not crazy. Sometimes tone is one of those intangible things that is just inherent in a guitar and even changing pickups might not replicate it.

Jonte

Reaction score
Yeah, i guess you guys are right.. but seriously. Its strange that i really find the tone of the 2010 to be better and more full than the 2002. Also, it sustains better... actually allot better.

Kustom LP

Reaction score
I love the one on the left. If you are going to sell it, let me know.

Bart:slash:

KenG

Reaction score
^^ That kind of thing is really dependent upon the guitar itslef, some shine others not so much. How do you like the chambering? Does it make your other Guitars feel heavy in comparison or not so noticeable?

BTW I hope you don't use that stand for long term storage of the guitars, it's putting sideways pressure on the necks.

jamman

Reaction score
I say keep both of them. than you don't have to choose. Or send both to me and I'll Help you deside by testing them untill I like 1 more than the other LOL !!!!!!( Keep the 2002). Change the pots and caps in it(02) and maybe the pups. and than deside. unless it's a real turd,If it is send it on it's way. The BB pro's are ok , but I think you might hear something different in that guitar with new (better) pups in it.

Jonte

Reaction score
I wonder why ppl are kinda avoiding the 08 spec? I mean, is it the sound?

Jonte

Reaction score
Haha, no i cant live without my flying V ;) Its tunes in B for one of my bands..

Jonte

Reaction score
I couldnt. I need a black guitar, its set up really nice with a Bareknuckle pickup,, and it has that 60's neck. It s a Trad Pro... so no holes in it.

Jonte

Reaction score
It truely comes between thos two.. as of now im kinda leaning a bit towards the 2010, cause i simply find the tone more interesting. I think im gonna sep up both with a new set of strings for a real in depth tone test.

rideski

Reaction score
Which one rings out more acoustically? Forget the pups...those can be changed. When I buy an axe I rarely plug it in cause I can tell how it will sound just by playing unplugged. If the 2010 rings out better, mostly due to the chambering, then you have your answer. If the other rings better then it's a plus for it.
Since you just got the 2010 I'd wait on this decision till the honeymoon stage is overwith before listing either one...

Latest Threads