Are you color blind?

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Plot twist: The nurse and doctor were color blind and couldn't tell that there were actually numbers on the cards. lol
IMG_1636732806713.jpg

They had me try these...didn't work
Then they pulled these out and VIOLA...Iwas blind but now I see
IMG_1636732819856.jpg

I Break Things

Reaction score
I have a hard time with greens and tans. My grandpa was totally colorblind. He had my dad tell him what colors were what when he was working on cars.

They also wouldn't let him be a pilot because of his colorblindess, so he just stole a damn plane and flew it around for a bit. He brought it back in one piece. Colonel wasn't surprised when he saw my grandpa walking out of it. It was just like him to do something like that. They summed it up to no harm, no foul. Completely different day and age.

I miss that crazy old man every day.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a student that was moderately color blind.... He had issues with wires and color codes..... He swore me to secrecy.... I told him to cut a section of Clorox plastic bottle and keep it in his pocket.... He could slide ti under a wire or resistor and see the colors much easier....

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a student that was moderately color blind.... He had issues with wires and color codes..... He swore me to secrecy.... I told him to cut a section of Clorox plastic bottle and keep it in his pocket.... He could slide ti under a wire or resistor and see the colors much easier....

Also, nobody ever knew but me.... He started working as a automated manu tech with a huge corp and his bonuses the first couple of months for saving them money with his changes in processes was several thousand.....

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I am ,green and brown,blue and purple,pink and grey.Couldn't be drafted cause they said I'd be a sitting duck.Really hard to find dog doo in the yard
Talked to a marine recruiter senior year. Half assed serious about enlisting. Color blind and history of seizures nixed that before I even got started.

DavGrape

Southeast
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never knew it, of course,'til it was pointed out to me.
In elementary school kids would ask, "Howcum you made the sky purple?"
"Uhh, yup, I know, uhhh, duh, derp."
I thought it was a darker, richer blue.

"I used to have a shirt like that. Then my Dad got a job."
"You better shut-up."
"You shut-up."

Last edited:

MenaceMartin

Reaction score
I can't relate to colour-blindness, but I'm -8.5 myopic (near-sighted). Which is pretty bad. My focal distance is 3 inches in front of my face, anything beyond that is a blur.

My optician told me I'm slightly more at risk of a detatched retina because of that, so I can't bungee jump or skydive or anything like that. Well, damn... just as I was about to go and do those exact activities aswell :rolleyes:

GeeJay

Reaction score
Yep, Red/Green (Deuotan). It’s sometimes a pain, but most times is Ok. In any case, it is what it is. At least I can see, so I’m grateful for that.

Midnight Blues

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see colors, but they may or may not be the same shade as someone else might see.

I remember being in Jr. High School back in the early '70s and taking a color vision test (do they still do that?) where there are numbers inside a circle of different colors and you have to determine what the number is. Apparently, I didn't do too well because when it was over, the nurse told me that I shouldn't become an electrician.

colorblind-test-image1.jpg

^^^
As Sgt. Schultz would say, "I see nothing!"

Here I see what I believe to be a 2:

5391718_std.jpg

JTM45

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think my color sight is fairly good, I was a former car painter for many years and a paint rep for many years so matching color was critical.

On the other side color is irrelevant, I’d hit anything when I was younger and even now if I was single :lol:

scrumm21

Reaction score
I think my color sight is fairly good, I was a former car painter for many years and a paint rep for many years so matching color was critical.

On the other side color is irrelevant, I’d hit anything when I was younger and even now if I was single :lol:

... asked how I "matched the paint so well" (when delivering a repaired veh) , depending on the customer, I often dead paned "well i'm Color Blind so it was pretty much blind luck..." Often got a pause lol

The 'flop' has got so bad on some colors it could be a real bitch at times.

I always admired the reps here who knew their colors and system.... I couldn't have done it

Latest Threads