Are we at peak gas stations in some parts of the world?

PapaSquash

Reaction score
You could power a decent sized home for 3 days with that.
I was thinking strictly rental for road trips, with the advantage that the swap time is not that much more than fueling up with liquid. That's the two big distance objections. I'd want it to run off the trailer first, so I'm fully charged when I decouple at the destination. But home use is interesting

If it could be rigged as a backup power for the house that makes buying it a bit more appealing. A 3000 Watt Honda generator is $2K, so that's 20% of the cost of this thing right there

Even better if I could solar charge the thing during the day when my car is away at work and use it to charge my car at night as my normal usage, then take it with me when I want road-trip range. Portable whole-house battery

If all EVs came with a compatible hitch/plug it would be a viable rescue tool too. put a GPS in it so you know where it is all the time (it's got power)

RAG7890

Reaction score
Gas stations make about $0.08/gallon on gas. Yet they make anywhere from $0.50 to $1.00 per 16oz bottle of water. That is $4-$8/gallon of water.
That has been the case in Australia for many years. Gas Stations here all sell Food, Drinks, Chocolate etc. etc. at highly inflated prices & make heaps of money vs. selling Gas.

:cheers2:

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
I was thinking strictly rental for road trips, with the advantage that the swap time is not that much more than fueling up with liquid. That's the two big distance objections. I'd want it to run off the trailer first, so I'm fully charged when I decouple at the destination. But home use is interesting

If it could be rigged as a backup power for the house that makes buying it a bit more appealing. A 3000 Watt Honda generator is $2K, so that's 20% of the cost of this thing right there

Even better if I could solar charge the thing during the day when my car is away at work and use it to charge my car at night as my normal usage, then take it with me when I want road-trip range. Portable whole-house battery

If all EVs came with a compatible hitch/plug it would be a viable rescue tool too. put a GPS in it so you know where it is all the time (it's got power)
Now find somewhere away from home in any place you are going where you can park a car with trailer...

Great in theory but in practice it’s going to be a pain in the arse.

cheers

Olds442

Reaction score
Now find somewhere away from home in any place you are going where you can park a car with trailer...

cheers
it's not that tough to do in most parts of the US really.

Olds442

Reaction score
In the cities?

cheers
i doubt it would be easy in downtown NYC, but yeah. in most cities it's not that big of a deal. we used to drag our 16' boat all over the US to go to different lakes etc. most downtown hotels here in chiciago have their own parking garages.

it's not ideal imo, i'd never bother with one. i don't have range anxiety.

PapaSquash

Reaction score
Last year I drove a trailer way bigger then that to St Louis, Tulsa and Norman, OK. No trouble parking. Then I dropped my trailer at U-Haul and went on my way.

As a rental you could drive to a city, drop the tender at the Battery-haul and go about your way.

Pick up a new one when you're done for the ride home. The price listed for whole day rental was less than a tank of gas.

for road trips to remote places it can power your campsite.

You'd have to put a LoJack in them. They have enough battery power. Make it so defeating the lojack bricks it. Of course there are some who can get past that but it will deter the average idiot.

lancpudn

Reaction score
It will be a dead duck option for most car drivers in the UK, You will need B+E entitlement on your driving licence which means you have to take a separate trailer test to tow a trailer. You have to show you can reverse around a coned area & park it straight in a marked out bay and then out driving it on the road with a instructor. my daughter took a full day course and her trailer test two weeks ago and passed.

1582195918639.png

Lithium batteries are also classed at dangerous goods/hazardous materials so you might need a ADR licence too :shock: