Are these pickup enhancers (strings) any good?

scooter500

Reaction score
OK, please bear with me, I ordered a whole bunch of Chromacast Max Sustain strings on clearance from Walmart. Something like ten bucks for 8 packs. Anyone use 'em?

Antigua

Reaction score
OK, please bear with me, I ordered a whole bunch of Chromacast Max Sustain strings on clearance from Walmart. Something like ten bucks for 8 packs. Anyone use 'em?
Where did you see that phrase "pickup enhancers"? Are they claiming their strings somehow work better with pickups than other electric guitar strings?

scooter500

Reaction score
About those " enhancers...."

Antigua, no manufacturer's claims, lol, I was just being a comedian.

Last edited:

Antigua

Reaction score
About those " enhancers...."

Antigua, no manufacturer's claims, lol, I was just being a comedian.
Oh, I was going to say, D'Addario claimed that their NYXL's were essentially "pickup enhancers" by virtue of using steel that somehow produced 6% permeability, though there is a highly technical write up by Kirk T McDonald http://puhep1.princeton.edu/~kirkmcd/examples/guitar.pdf that so long as the permeability is significantly higher than the permeability of air (unity), that it makes little difference, so such claims are going to be dubious.

scooter500

Reaction score
Oh, I was going to say, D'Addario claimed that their NYXL's were essentially "pickup enhancers" by virtue of using steel that somehow produced 6% permeability, though there is a highly technical write up by Kirk T McDonald http://puhep1.princeton.edu/~kirkmcd/examples/guitar.pdf that so long as the permeability is significantly higher than the permeability of air (unity), that it makes little difference, so such claims are going to be dubious.
Hum... that's some crazy math there. I suppose as some strings are amazingly poor. For example, most of the one used to string up guitars that are for sale in stores.

I tried a set of acoustic NYXLs & liked them. And then there's the math to go with the sound!

Latest Threads