Are there regular traditional (not pro) with a 60s neck?!?!?!?

CosmicEnergy

Reaction score
I was walking to my guitar store last week and there were two 2013 gibson les paul traditionals, one ligh burst and the other one cherry burst but the cherry one had a very slim neck :hmm: and they can't be the trad pro 2 because they had flame top, kluson tuners and nickel pickup covers. And that store is kind of an official instrument dealer in my country so they are not fake. Has anybody of you seen a regular trad with a 60s neck? how common is this?

icantbuyafender

Reaction score
No 2 necks, regardless of profile, will feel the same if shaped/finished by hand.

A little bit off the shoulder of the neck and it makes a huge difference.

That's all it is, I bet.

JMB1984

Reaction score
Back in the later half of 2012 Gibson did a limited run of Traditionals through Guitar Center that had 60's necks and coil splitting. There was also the Les Paul Traditional 1960 that was primarily sold through Sam Ash. It is possible there were other limited runs for overseas, but these are all that I'm aware of.

Reaction score
Not exactly "regular", but there is an awesome 12 string Traditional Les Paul with a 60s neck.

NRVPaul

Reaction score
Trad Pro II's do have flame on some models.

0lodX2V.jpg

geezberry

Reaction score
The trad plus for instance is only 50's neck as it should be. Gibson knows what's good.

roccster

Reaction score
Um no... there have been limited runs with 60s necks.

Sure hope so. I am interested in a Trad that's from 2008 and which is suppose to have a 60s neck. Papers look good just have to play it. The seller says it was a limited run.

/ Richard

Justin_Case

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The Trad was introduced in late 2008 and AFAIK only in a 50s neck. I had 2.

roccster

Reaction score
Just got this from Gibson:

Dear Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Gibson guitars.

A LP Traditional model should have a 50’s rounded neck profile.

Kind regards,

Marcelo Pineda
Customer Service

So guess there are no Trads with 60´s neck, at least not original Gibson... Strange, all the documents on the guitar I am interested in seems legit.

Justin_Case

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
A Traditional Pro from 2008 would have a 60s carve. They were sold by Guitar Center companies exclusively. Tell tale signs are uncovered zebra pickups and a satin finish to the back and sides, factory coil splits.

geezberry

Reaction score
A Traditional Pro from 2008 would have a 60s carve. They were sold by Guitar Center companies exclusively. Tell tale signs are uncovered zebra pickups and a satin finish to the back and sides, factory coil splits.

The OP specifically said not Pro. Just go with a Trad Plus with the 50's neck, it is the ultimate.

JMB1984

Reaction score
Just got this from Gibson:

Dear Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Gibson guitars.

A LP Traditional model should have a 50’s rounded neck profile.

Kind regards,

Marcelo Pineda
Customer Service

So guess there are no Trads with 60´s neck, at least not original Gibson... Strange, all the documents on the guitar I am interested in seems legit.

This is correct with current production, but limited run Traditional plus tops have been made historically. You would have to search the used market and hope to get lucky.

What year was the guitar made that you are looking at? Do the documents show the product code? Check the inspection checklist.

RangerJay

Glam Bastard
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. I agree with the Gibson response: [sic] "A LP Traditional model should have a 50's rounded neck profile."

roccster

Reaction score
This is correct with current production, but limited run Traditional plus tops have been made historically. You would have to search the used market and hope to get lucky.

What year was the guitar made that you are looking at? Do the documents show the product code? Check the inspection checklist.

According to the database, and the guitar it was made 2008,

Product code is: LesPaul.JPG

Sure looks all good to me, but im a noob =)

JMB1984

Reaction score
Yes. I agree with the Gibson response: [sic] "A LP Traditional model should have a 50's rounded neck profile."

You guys are really ridiculous sometimes. Here is just one example of a limited run Traditional with a 60s neck. Took 1 min to find within this very forum:

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/gibson-les-pauls/168043-ngd-2011-traditional-les-paul-60s-neck.html

And here is the Traditional 1960 (again not a pro):

Gibson.com: Gibson Les Paul Traditional 1960

Latest Threads