Are there ebony fretboards on japanese vintage guitars?

JohnWick

Reaction score

Whoopysnorp

Reaction score
Keep an eye on the classifieds thread in this forum. It's not as active as it once was, and if you're looking for something specific it may take a long time for something that checks all the boxes to come up (and I don't recall ever seeing a Shigeru model), but the prices are generally good and the sellers are trustworthy.

zdoggie

Reaction score
I have a 62 ri strat mij that is as good a quality as a usa fender the only comarison that I have is a usa tele with the same finish they twin brothers I pick the strat every time I love the 62 neck profile 7.25 radius .

zdog

iekobrid

Reaction score
There was a violin burst that was kind of unique for Greco and probably my favourite Greco finish.
I own three of the Korean EGCs with ebonol boards and I would trade at least two of them for one of those violin bursts. I usually think a rosewood board on a Custom is an eyesore, but the few VBs I've seen were stunners.

Peter Mac

Reaction score
In the early days from 1978 to 1980 Tokai had 2 models - LC-100 (2 pup) and LC-110 (3 pup). Both had 1 piece carved mahogany body/top, 1 piece mahogany neck and a mid -length tenon. They had the Super 400 (split diamond) headstock, MOP inlays and black ebony fingerboards. Both models were made until 1984 with varying headstock inlays.
Tokai also made a budget LC-60 with a mohogany 1 piece body, 2 piece mahogany top and 1 piece mahogany neck. These had darkened rosewood boards with plastic block inlays and are far more common.
Burny also made versions of these all-mahogany LPC but retained the Super 400 headstock until 1986.

Reactions: JDZ

JDZ

Reaction score
In the early days from 1978 to 1980 Tokai had 2 models - LC-100 (2 pup) and LC-110 (3 pup). Both had 1 piece carved mahogany body/top, 1 piece mahogany neck and a mid -length tenon. They had the Super 400 (split diamond) headstock, MOP inlays and black ebony fingerboards. Both models were made until 1984 with varying headstock inlays.
Tokai also made a budget LC-60 with a mohogany 1 piece body, 2 piece mahogany top and 1 piece mahogany neck. These had darkened rosewood boards with plastic block inlays and are far more common.
Burny also made versions of these all-mahogany LPC but retained the Super 400 headstock until 1986.
I've got an '81 LC-100 with the '82 style headstock inlay.
Absolutely love it.

Whoopysnorp

Reaction score
This is the first time I've heard of the LC110. That must be a rare bird.

Latest Threads