Are Standard Traditional Pros chambered?

rlg5150

Banned
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between the Les Paul Standard Traditional Pro or the Studio Deluxe. From what I understand, the Studio Deluxe is weight relieved but not chambered. What about the Traditional?

TheImmaterial

Reaction score
Standards 2007ish onwards are chambered.
All traditionals are weight-relieved, not chambered.

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
Calling it a Standard Traditional is confusing and Gibson does not do so on their website.

Standards are chambered (after 2006).

Traditionals are weight relieved, not chambered (mine weighs 10lbs).

lespaul01

Banned
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between the Les Paul Standard Traditional Pro or the Studio Deluxe. From what I understand, the Studio Deluxe is weight relieved but not chambered. What about the Traditional?

I realize that you are just looking for answers, but in the end I would not get caught up in the Chambered vs Weight Relieved ect.. Just play as many as you can get your hands on, preferably with your amp and then decide.

I have played some nice Les Pauls over the years. Before I actually knew mine was chambered I almost thought it was a bit heavy for my liking. In reality though @ almost 8 1/2 lbs my 2009 08' Standard is actually just perfect. They sound exceptional too. The traditionals are very nice too.

But, then again what I hear you may not and the circle continues. Cheers.

Ob Com

Reaction score
my trad pro is weight relieved but also about 10lbs.

yet I have historics that are neither weight relieved nor chambered but are much lighter.

good advice above, to just trust your gut feel and your ears when trying different guitars and choose the one that speaks to you.

I have a second hand epiphone les paul special 2, their most humble Paul, that cost me £100 yet it sounds great.

Justin_Case

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
wait wouldnt it be ears and shoulder ? I prefer my Les Pauls a bit on the heavy side since most of mines are 8.5 lbs and up

But what would you do if you found a really light weight one that was killer?

rlg5150

Banned
Reaction score
This will most likely be an online order because of where I live. There's only one (maybe 2) Gibson dealers in the state and he's only got Studios and regular standards as far as LPs go. The reason I called it a Standard Traditional Pro is because that's the way it's listed on Musician's Friend.

I played every Studio in the store when I bought my first LP and they were all chambered. I didn't like any of them. Keep in mind this was my first LP so I'm not prejudice against chambered like some folks here might be. I just know that none of them suited me at all. That's why I walked away with the used '91 Studio in my picture. My next guitar will be my college graduation gift from a good friend in December so I'm just doing some looking around right now.

Ob Com

Reaction score
This will most likely be an online order because of where I live. There's only one (maybe 2) Gibson dealers in the state and he's only got Studios and regular standards as far as LPs go. The reason I called it a Standard Traditional Pro is because that's the way it's listed on Musician's Friend.

I played every Studio in the store when I bought my first LP and they were all chambered. I didn't like any of them. Keep in mind this was my first LP so I'm not prejudice against chambered like some folks here might be. I just know that none of them suited me at all. That's why I walked away with the used '91 Studio in my picture. My next guitar will be my college graduation gift from a good friend in December so I'm just doing some looking around right now.

ah- ok, I see.

It can be a nightmare having to buy a guitar online.

The trad pro is weight relieved.

Latest Threads