Are GM going to SUV the Vette?

jvin248

Reaction score

Marketers making mistakes again. Certainly a fine looking vehicle, but just a complete brand assassination. Might as well make the corvette station wagon.

Electric propulsion is happening though, and this is why.

One of the executives I worked with years back had a Viper for a company car for a while, he used to tape $100 bills on the dash and you could have it if you could get the bill off the dash while he was accelerating. None ever did.

lancpudn

Reaction score
no shots of the tail end of it. i want to see it's butt. i really like it, would own regardless of name, price depending. they're just entering a war with Ford if they go Vette EV SUV, and that's stupid. don't kill your brand because Ford is killing theirs. calling it a "Vette" is just another excuse to charge more for it though, and they're all about that.

And as much as i like EVs, I think it's wrong that the UK and EU's fucked up laws are forcing it on people. it should survive or not on it's own, not because it's mandated by governments. just my .02.

Yeah the laws are moving too fast & the infrastructure moving too slow to cope with it by 2030 here, Take for example Colorado USA they have no mandate to ban ICE vehicles yet I read today they're building up to 20000 charging stations by 2023 :eek2: I've emailed our local council on numerous occasions asking them WTF are the charging stations for our area!!! https://www.electrive.com/2021/01/18/colorado-to-build-up-to-20000-charging-stations-by-2023/ We have a ton of terraced housing stock in this country whereas people have no off road parking/driveway to charge their EV's but you've got to admire some peoples efforts to charge up :dude::laugh2:

1610992793081.png

Olds442

Reaction score
Yeah the laws are moving too fast & the infrastructure moving too slow to cope with it by 2030 here, Take for example Colorado USA they have no mandate to ban ICE vehicles yet I read today they're building up to 20000 charging stations by 2023 :eek2: I've emailed our local council on numerous occasions asking them WTF are the charging stations for our area!!! https://www.electrive.com/2021/01/18/colorado-to-build-up-to-20000-charging-stations-by-2023/ We have a ton of terraced housing stock in this country whereas people have no off road parking/driveway to charge their EV's but you've got to admire some peoples efforts to charge up :dude::laugh2:

View attachment 512807
that's extra funny because as you know, on MLP, we know there are no charging stations in the state of Colorado.

but that pic is hilarious.

Side Burns

#==€@)
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Change the badges, and the name. Make some slight design changes and I'd hit it. Not badged as a Vette though.
Not sure how it ruins the Mustang, the cars won't be affected at all.
Im sure by ruin he means it should be called by a different name. Same as you said about the Corvette suv.

However there’s a butt for every seat as they say. Maybe they’ll both be a hot sell and the next gen will just know the mustang and corvette as family/people movers.:dunno:

lancpudn

Reaction score
that's extra funny because as you know, on MLP, we know there are no charging stations in the state of Colorado.

but that pic is hilarious.

I don't get my BEV til the end of the month & its been a friggin' nightmare here trying to get my electricity supply sorted out! It's over 100 years old & not up to the job of charging a BEV with a 7kw home charger 32amp fuse is the most I'm allowed a "granny charger" that comes with the car has to have a minimum 32A fuse, We're on a shared loop supply with two other houses & need a totally new electricity supply as this old antiquated system in not able to be upgraded.:mad2:

The area network electricity distributors are coming on the 21-22 January to dig my friggin' garden up to lay a new supply to these three houses & it's been a PITA to get it sorted, (ongoing since the beginning of November last year) Thankfully it wont cost me a bean as it's their responsibility :dude:

Last edited:

Side Burns

#==€@)
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't get my BEV til the end of the month & its been a friggin' nightmare here trying to get my electricity supply sorted out! It's over 100 years old & not up to the job of charging a BEV with a 7kw home charger 32amp fuse is the most I'm allowed a "granny charger" that comes with the car has to have a minimum 32A fuse, We're on a shared loop supply with three other houses & need a totally new electricity supply as this old antiquated system in not able to be upgraded.:mad2:

The area network electricity distributors are coming on the 21-22 January to dig my friggin' garden up to lay a new supply to these three houses & it's been a PITA to get it sorted, (ongoing since the beginning of November last year) Thankfully it wont cost me a bean as it's their responsibility :dude:
Regarding PHEV & BEV
Infrastructure is the main concern i have.

If your 2 other neighbors both have EV’s and they both want to get Mode3 22kW (30A) chargers with the AC running and everyone charging and using devices at home, can the utility mains keep up? Or does everyone need a solar panel array and home battery back up?

lancpudn

Reaction score
Regarding PHEV & BEV
Infrastructure is the main concern i have.

If your 2 other neighbors both have EV’s and they both want to get Mode3 22kW (30A) chargers with the AC running and everyone charging and using devices at home, can the utility mains keep up? Or does everyone need a solar panel array and home battery back up?
No, these old houses are not up to today's standards/codes, We still have the old style bakerlite fuseboards, We had a safety check in November last year & although the system is ancient it passed the safety check. An electrician wouldn't install a 7kw home charger legally, that's how we found out that the electricity supply couldn't handle it. The electricity people are laying a new feed from the main supply in the street & installing a 100Amp fuse.

Latest Threads