question sparked when a friend asked about the weight of the LP i'm getting :D

so are epi LP's chambered? :wave:

:D

:hippie:

terence_tez

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
no they are not.
they are lighter coz most of them have alder bodies instead of mahogany, with maple tops.so they tend to sound a little brighter.
nothing inferior,just a little different...

loneguitar

Reaction score
yes the ultra is currently the only one that is chambered

Swordscythe

Reaction score
Got a standard, it's not chambered. It's not light either, not as heavy as the LP Custom, cause of the density of the wood, but you can tell it's not chambered

MIDNIGHT

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
oh ok.. :D

thanks for the replies guys :wave:

:thumb:

:hippie:

radiomatts

Reaction score
How can you tell it's not chambered? I just pulled the pups off of a 56 Gold Top Reissue I just bought, and it' sure as hell looks chambered.

SJM

Epi Elitist Freak
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It shouldn't be. According to Epi, only the Ultra's are weight relieved.:)

gspyda

Reaction score
mainly because they dont say they are chambered. also, that is something that drives up the price ironically. your think selling less material could bring cost down lol! but it does say the ultra is chambered

what i dont know is which epis are alder. unless the $100 versions are, my std and trad pro are mahogany. many of the other models ive looked at all say mahogany too....

SJM

Epi Elitist Freak
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
mainly because they dont say they are chambered. also, that is something that drives up the price ironically. your think selling less material could bring cost down lol! but it does say the ultra is chambered

what i dont know is which epis are alder. unless the $100 versions are, my std and trad pro are mahogany. many of the other models ive looked at all say mahogany too....
Check out Epiphonewiki for info on types of wood used.

Les Paul - The Unofficial Epiphone Wiki

GERRYGTR62

Reaction score
well my AFD is weightly like a Gibson LP, thank goodness, LOL!!

harpman54

Reaction score
There is also an Epiphone Limited Edition Les Paul Korina Traditional Pro guitar that is very light in weight. They're a beautiful honey color as well.

groovedoggie1

Reaction score
There is also an Epiphone Limited Edition Les Paul Korina Traditional Pro guitar that is very light in weight. They're a beautiful honey color as well.
Own it and LOVE it!!! It is very light, but I don't think it's weight-relieved or chambered. Very well-balanced. And the orangy-honey-ish color is gorgeous! Found the stock pickups a little lacking in character and swapped them for a SD JB/Jazz combo. That and a cap change and I'm in business!

sj250

Reaction score
My first LP was an Epi Ultra II, great weight on that one with the chambered body. Sold it and bought an Epi Standard Plus Top which felt like a tank after that.......until I bought my non chambered Gibson!

River

Reaction score

Chambering takes time, labor, and tools.

Latest Threads