Are Customs more popular than Standards?

jan janson

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I noticed on eba that there are no standards in the eBay auctions> Ive been watching for almost 6 months and its always, not really always, but most of the time Les Paul Customs? Is it just me?
janette

Rezamatix

Reaction score
i prefer customs, i know people that don't. hard to say!

jan janson

Banned
Reaction score
For many years they did not make Standards. But they made Customs the whole time during the Norlin years. So likely there are most customs for sale.
OMG, Isn't that amazing! I didn't know that!
thanks a ton
janette

paco1976

Reaction score
I think generally people prefer rather the Standard model. Not sure whether it is due to the price tag between both models.

Pappy58

Reaction score
In the 70's many more LPC's were produced, along with Deluxe's. Production of standards started to pick back up after 1980, but really didn't hit the mainstream again until the HJ era. IMO, the best Norlin's were one piece body LPC's with 3piece Maple Necks. They typically weighed in at ~ 10+, but they were rock n roll machines. :applause:

jan janson

Banned
Reaction score
In the 70's many more LPC's were produced, along with Deluxe's. Production of standards started to pick back up after 1980, but really didn't hit the mainstream again until the HJ era. IMO, the best Norlin's were one piece body LPC's with 3piece Maple Necks. They typically weighed in at ~ 10+, but they were rock n roll machines. :applause:
Gee, thanks! My only place to look is eBay, unfortunately but I could try reverb. If I find anything I'll post here, but I missed a good one yesterday, drat! I hate when I don't bid enough because I watch the auction for ten days and then I don't win it! Darn!
janette
P.S. Ive never seen a Norlin in person so Im really getting ready!

jan janson

Banned
Reaction score
I think generally people prefer rather the Standard model. Not sure whether it is due to the price tag between both models.
Wow, I totally agree with that!! I really like the chevron inlay instead of the block inlay. My father always had standards and he said, "Les Paul Standards said bar and Les Paul Customs said Holiday Inn." just saying. But, I do agree with what you said!
janette

jan janson

Banned
Reaction score
2008 Martin D-28
1980 Les Paul Standard
58 Les Paul CC
Michael Bloomfield CS Les Paul

janette

Latest Threads