Are all JDM Epiphone Les Pauls made at Fujigen?

Goodcleanfun

Reaction score
Japanese Domestic Market, the ones with the Gibson shaped headstock on there.

The jury seems to be out if they're made at Fujigen or elsewhere. If it helps the serial(s) are just 6 numbers, no letter prefix, and circa the year 2000.

Also, does anyone know what pickups they were installing in those guitars? Epiphone Wiki doesn't have any concrete info and it's got me wondering.

Reaction score
Japanese Domestic Market, the ones with the Gibson shaped headstock on there.

The jury seems to be out if they're made at Fujigen or elsewhere. If it helps the serial(s) are just 6 numbers, no letter prefix, and circa the year 2000.

Also, does anyone know what pickups they were installing in those guitars? Epiphone Wiki doesn't have any concrete info and it's got me wondering.

Reaction score
It doesn't state anything. Except for an SG that is.
Wtf is this list of links?!
F11B14DE-E44E-4FB1-928F-5E5742E5E0C8.jpeg

Reaction score
Or simply just SCROLL DOWN!!
If you can’t use the internet, please get off of it.

Goodcleanfun

Reaction score
Please be polite. Maybe you need a lie down.

On the page it states the SG is made at the Fujigen factory, but lists nothing for the other models about where they're made.

A simple yes or no is all that's required although I do appreciate you taking the time to annotate a graphic with a large angry arrow. That was quite fun.

Reaction score
Please be polite. Maybe you need a lie down.

On the page it states the SG is made at the Fujigen factory, but lists nothing for the other models about where they're made.

A simple yes or no is all that's required although I do appreciate you taking the time to annotate a graphic with a large angry arrow. That was quite fun.
Please understand how maddening it can be to constantly see people not able to use a search function on their own computer to find their own solutions. I do realize a forum is half the fun, but please feel free to explore the rest of the site provided.
6CE6CC55-CF7F-4D3D-9B6D-0FF4BB6E4D19.jpeg

Goodcleanfun

Reaction score
Oh I clicked those ages ago but they're not answering the question. One is historic, one is in the Czech republic, the other in China. Likewise the Elite, Elitist etc is a different range.

I'm wondering if they meant it like all JDM are Fujigen made but only mentioned it once on the page.

Roberteaux

Broken Dog
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Please understand how maddening it can be to constantly see people not able to use a search function on their own computer to find their own solutions.

You know what's even more maddening than that? :hmm:

It's guys like you who simply cannot seem to understand that you are NOT obligated to participate in any thread whatsoever... let alone to carry on as you have in this thread.

So, you offered a source of information and the member either didn't see what he was looking for-- or maybe what he was actually looking for wasn't to be found there-- or whatever.

Either way, your puerile reaction was as unnecessary as it was unimpressive.

If you're so impatient as this with others, then perhaps you should have just clammed up rather than to fulminate childishly. Spare yourself a little wear and tear, there. Nobody needs to hear from you to begin with.

It was also possible to simply exercise a bit of patience and offer a more polite and detailed answer. Or at least, it would have been possible for somebody else to have responded as such-- but apparently not you.

I’m about to punch myself in the face with a GD brick! :mad2:

By all means, please do so-- repeatedly. :thumb:

I don't want to hear from you or about you again, man.

--R

Last edited:

Goodcleanfun

Reaction score
Thanks for chiming in. I clicked ignore on that guy pretty quickly and reported the posts. Maybe they're having problems at home, who knows. Either way I hope they find the help they need. I've been a member here for 10 years and it never used to be this rude.

Anyway. Moving on. I'm still none the wiser about the Fujigen issue. The links the guy above was so hell bent on pushing don't clarify either, or at least which models were made where or how to identify a terada vs Fujigen model. It seems taken for granted that JDM LPs were made at Fujigen but clarification would be awesome.

moreles

Reaction score
Fujigen produced what I consider to be the best Orville LPs, licensed by Gibson for distribution in Japan. They hit a nice balance of authentic build and "budget" features that often yielded wonderful guitars (though the hardware often needed to be swapped out.) FGNs own builds, including some LP-ish models, have been excellent.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I’m about to punch myself in the face with a GD brick!

Please, I'd like to encourage you to fulfill your wildest dreams, no matter how lacking in common-sense they seem to the rest of us..

I betcha if you google "hit in face with brick", you'd find something inspiring.

Latest Threads