Are “60” Reissues Les Pauls more rare than “58” or “59” ?

mjross

Reaction score
I’ve been trying to complete my lefty Les Paul Reissue collection and having trouble finding “60” Reissues. Are the “60” Reissues harder to find in normal times or is it like everything else right now. Thanks for your time!

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
I've never seen one, but some of the '59 reissues have '60 profile necks (including mine).

calieng

Reaction score
I do not recall ever seeing a lefty 1960 RI.

You can also have the neck shaved down on a 1959 lefty and add the reflector knobs. The '60 tuners are also readily available.

Maybe a M2M order?

mjross

Reaction score
I do not recall ever seeing a lefty 1960 RI.

You can also have the neck shaved down on a 1959 lefty and add the reflector knobs. The '60 tuners are also readily available.

Maybe a M2M order?
Believe it or not I just found one on eBay! I do not visit EBay much anymore but thought I’d give it a try! looks like a nice example. Time for a little research!

edit: overlooked it but there’s one on Reverb also! Appears they do exist but not a lot out there. Also, as with most Gibson Reissue guitars for sale these days, bring money! Gibson‘s web site does not show a “60” Reissue in lefty availability, must have been special orders.

Last edited:

jbash

Reaction score
I'm going to guess there are just a lot more R8 and R9s made than there are R0s, so they are harder to come by. The disparity would be amplified with LH models (like everything else in the world for Lefties).

mjross

Reaction score
I'm going to guess there are just a lot more R8 and R9s made than there are R0s, so they are harder to come by. The disparity would be amplified with LH models (like everything else in the world for Lefties).
Yeah, just though it a little strange that you can find 56, 57, 58, and 59 lefties but the 60’s are just few and far between. Appears that things are going to get worse as Gibson does not have a lot of lefty availability these days. It’s nothing new in lefty world. That’s probably why 75% of my guitars are righty that I play upside down. However, a righty Les Paul played lefty just does not work for me!

calieng

Reaction score
Believe it or not I just found one on eBay! I do not visit EBay much anymore but thought I’d give it a try! looks like a nice example. Time for a little research!

edit: overlooked it but there’s one on Reverb also! Appears they do exist but not a lot out there. Also, as with most Gibson Reissue guitars for sale these days, bring money! Gibson‘s web site does not show a “60” Reissue in lefty availability, must have been special orders.
The one on eBay looks nice.

mjross

Reaction score

DBDM

Reaction score
My guess (based on almost no real info) is that lefties hang on to the guitars more than right handed models. Harder to find=happier to find one? So a combo of making fewer of them and owners being more reluctant to let one go. I know (obviously) that far fewer are made--the owners hanging on is just a guess.

spartacus slim

Reaction score
I’ve been trying to complete my lefty Les Paul Reissue collection and having trouble finding “60” Reissues.
If you’re building a collection encompassing ‘58, ‘59, ‘60 reissues, I would say the V3 1960 reissues are the most distinct from the ‘59s - so that might be the version to go for if you can find a lefty example. Of course, your preference may be for something other than the finish options and thin neck of the V3 reissues. I think they’re cool, though...

zdoggie

Reaction score
good luck with your search the guy on ebay probably has figured there arent many R0 lefties,its amazing when your not looking for something the're in abundance.

zdog

mjross

Reaction score
good luck with your search the guy on ebay probably has figured there arent many R0 lefties,its amazing when your not looking for something the're in abundance.

zdog
Hear that! I seem to always have that problem when looking for guitars.

Latest Threads