Anything new in the world of reverb pedals/tanks?

LPPILOT

Reaction score
I got the little grey MXR simple unit . likes are ..... Compact , fairly versatile for such a small unit . simple and easy to understand . Best feature is how quiet It operates with near zero background noise , hiss, noise , and all the other undesirable stuff is 99.99 % not there. It is as quiet or more quiet than my DC batt vintage MXR s and it uses a AC adaptor .....which normally I hate . I gotta say for the price and quality of sound it’s got fantastic reviews from friends who have inquired as it sounds so nice. . The only dislike , is not having a choice of using a 9V battery operation.

Matopotato

Reaction score
Got UAFX Golden Reverberator. Very nice and more versatile in its modes than Oceans11 so I can create what I want. And I like the vintage feel of it. Oceans stays for its other modes.
Spring is quite different between the two.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
The MXR reverb pedal works for me as a practical solution that sounds great even with higher gain in a band setting. I'm sure there are "better" pedals, but nothing wrong with the MXR.

I tried the Strymon Blue Sky and it sounds good as well, but I actually preferred the MXR when you start to add overdrive and distortion. I think that it will probably depend on what type of reverb you want as well, because not every digital pedal does every type of reverb super well.
My MXR M300 reverb pedal arrived this week. I'm very impressed. The pedal it replaced wasn't a great one-a Mooer Skyverb. I believe this will be the last Mooer pedal I 'experiment' with. Aside from the Mooer Radar Cab Sim, every pedal of theirs has been a bust for me. Even the Radar has some things about it I don't like, mainly the software needed to program it and the rotary dial, which I always feel IS something that will futz out, one day.

None of that with this MXR. What a beautifully simple pedal to use! Three knobs, just what I was looking for. And six excellent and highly usable reverb types. The spring, plate and room reverb are the best I've ever experienced with a reverb pedal. As Eric mentioned, they are made to take a dirty tone and do it justice. No added noise! No digital distortion! And all of them sound pristine. Even at levels I'd never use, they do not sound digital and retain their organic sound. The spring setting paired with my BYOC tremolo pedal is cowboy chord heaven. Fantastic surf sounds. The Mooer was just awful when being driven by my superfuzz clone; this is a match made in raspy heaven.

The other ambient settings, named Epic, Mod and Pad are instant talent boosters, perfect for messing around with when I'm in the right mood. :cool2:

But again, what I like so much is the simplicity of how it works. This is the freaky reverb pedal for dude's like me who get antsy by 8 knob pedals that come with learning curves. It's quite simple and intuitive to dial in the effects I want. I'm very happy with it.

Last edited:

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My MXR M300 reverb pedal arrived this week. I'm very impressed. The pedal it replaced wasn't a great one-a Mooer Skyverb. I believe this will be the last Mooer pedal I 'experiment' with. Aside from the Mooer Radar Cab Sim, every pedal of theirs has been a bust for me. Even the Radar has some things about it I don't like, mainly the software needed to program it and the rotary dial, which I always feel IS something that will futz out, one day.

None of that with this MXR. What a beautifully simple pedal to use! Three knobs, just what I was looking for. And six excellent and highly usable reverb types. The spring, plate and room reverb are the best I've ever experienced with a reverb pedal. As Eric mentioned, they are made to take a dirty tone and do it justice. No added noise! No digital distortion! And all of them sound pristine. Even at levels I'd never use, they do not sound digital and retain their organic sound. The spring setting paired with my BYOC tremolo pedal is cowboy chord heaven. Fantastic surf sounds. The Mooer was just awful when being driven by my superfuzz clone; this is a match made in raspy heaven.

The other ambient settings, named Epic, Mod and Pad are instant talent simulators, perfect for messing around with when I'm in the right mood. :cool2:

But again, what I like so much is the simplicity of how it works. This is the freaky reverb pedal for dude's like me who get antsy by 8 knob pedals that come with learning curves. It's quite simple and intuitive to dial in the effects I want. I'm very happy with it.
I'm glad that you like it! It's probably not for cork sniffers, but all of the modes sound great (I think, I don't use all 6), it's simple to use, and fits easily on any pedalboard. The best part about it to me is that it takes gain extremely well, unlike many other pedals, even much more expensive ones. That was the clincher for me, personally. No weird artifacts or noise or anything else creeping in.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
The best part about it to me is that it takes gain extremely well, unlike many other pedals, even much more expensive ones. That was the clincher for me, personally. No weird artifacts or noise or anything else creeping in.
Yes! It's a pretty high powered pedal, draws 240 mA. I first thought it was broken because I couldn't power it from my supply as each output tops out at 200mA. However, everything comes out smooth and real sounding. It's also so much quieter than what I was using. A fine addition.

pmonk

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with The Wave stand-alone, tube-driven analog spring-reverb-unit?

Gibsonblues

Reaction score
I'm thinking about adding a reverb pedal to my collection. I've been looking at the Catalinbread Talisman (plate reverb)
pedal. I been very satisfied with the other pedals I have from them. Anyone used this pedal and if so, how did you like it... Thanks, GB ....

————————-
Was able to pick up a Talisman a few days ago and it’s a great reverb pedal especially if you like the EMT 140 :)

Last edited:

NJDevil

Reaction score
I'm thinking about adding a reverb pedal to my collection. I've been looking at the Catalinbread Talisman (plate reverb)
pedal. I been very satisfied with the other pedals I have from them. Anyone used this pedal and if so, how did you like it... Thanks, GB ....
A few friends of mine own them....all on the Gretsch forum and each give it rave reviews. I'll try and find a site that honestly features well over 60 reverb pedals.

Gibsonblues

Reaction score
Try this site and if you really look at every spot, you'll see way more reverbs pedals than you could think would ever exist.

Oh ... much appreciate you supplying the link and I’ll give it a listen! I’d seen a few videos on this pedal and thought it really sounded lush and full. I recently picked a Catalinbread Echorek and Sabra Cadabra. I thought a little reverb would be nice. I like the EMT 140 plate reverb and I think the Talisman is patterned on that. Thanks again.. GB

NJDevil

Reaction score
Oh ... much appreciate you supplying the link and I’ll give it a listen! I’d seen a few videos on this pedal and thought it really sounded lush and full. I recently picked a Catalinbread Echorek and Sabra Cadabra. I thought a little reverb would be nice. I like the EMT 140 plate reverb and I think the Talisman is patterned on that. Thanks again.. GB
Me too......I got the Catalinbread Echorec around this time last year. I love the effect on the tone it has also aside from the delay/mojo-filled echo effects. I'm a big Gilmour fan so it was a must-have for me.

Matopotato

Reaction score
If you are getting more guitars because the sound and tone does not feel big enough, then maybe you might want to consider upgrading the Yamaha (?) to something more fitting and powerful?

Latest Threads