Anything extra written in your control cavity?

bufbills

Reaction score
I opened up my Melody Maker Special before to change my P90 covers to chrome(they diddnt fit) and found a smiley face!:)

cavity.jpg

Luckynumber3

Reaction score
"The new secret to Slashtone revealed!":lol:

Seriously, I wish I had a smiley face in my control cavity: The only thing I found in mine was that somebody had done some electronics swapping... :mad:

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Reaction score
I opened up a turntable to do a repair once and found half of a GI-Joe arm, a Peperidge Farm Goldfish and a little coil of solder. Any one alone might have been understandable but all three are just weird.

I also was doing a repair on a RE-201 Space Echo once, after the owner complained that it was misbehaving. It had seeds inside it. Pot seeds. When he came to pick it up I had left them sitting on top of it and told him, "I found the problem, there were some seeds inside it!" He quickly blew them off the top, brushed it off, and replied, "No there weren't." very sternly, then paid and left. I thought it was pretty funny. He was obviously very uptight. Especially for an apparent pot smoker.

BrianM

Reaction score
I posted this before. Took apart my Marshall mini stack one day to clean it up, and found this:

picus.jpg

Appears to be Jim Marshall's initials in black ink.

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Reaction score
Nice, Brian! You sent me running back to check my own photos. Looks like the entire shop signed mine, except for Jim.

IMG_2068.jpg

BrianM

Reaction score
Nice, Brian! You sent me running back to check my own photos. Looks like the entire shop signed mine, except for Jim.

Check inside your cabs too, he often signed his full name on the bare wood.

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Reaction score
"If found please return to E. P. Clapton"

What do you suppose that means?

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Not written in the control cavity, and not a lester. But this kind of gave me a laugh...it was my #1 guitar through the 80s, and I retired it in the early 90s. Recently I decided to get it back into playing shape and when I unbolted the neck I saw a little note I wrote just before I put her in the closet! :D

P1010309.jpg

Ansen

Reaction score
When i opened the electronic cavity of my jan.98' Standard DC for the first time i found this..

57599d1330711357-my-killer-rock-blues-les-paul-dc-lpdcecave.jpg

I mailed a query to Gibson's Europe Customer Service and they reply was that it could have be a presentation build for the 98' NAMM, but they can't say for sure..:hmm:

p.s. also mailed the guy who sold it to me, but he wasn't aware of this.

Latest Threads