Anyone want to help me cut some CNC parts?

aeronius

Reaction score
Hey all. I need some parts/fixtures cut for an overarm/pin router that I've designed that meets my needs as a guitar builder. It's nothing crazy; just flat parts cut out of MDF, HDF, and maybe some baltic birch plywood. The biggest hold up is the size of the tabletop - 30" x 24".

Of course I'm ready to pay for time/materials/shipping.

It should be a pretty straight-forward job, so if anyone here has the time to help out a fellow member, it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks!

gator payne

Reaction score
Be aware: Time, material, and shipping costs will be the minimum costs. The expensive part is what you will pay for the programing cost.
if you have 5 parts to make, unless they can be run on a single machine run you will pay a programing fee for each part because they each have different tool paths and inputs. some CNC shops are very reasonable with their programing fees. Some however can be quite expensive.

Kammo1

Reaction score
Agree with the above post, why dont you make the parts you need first out of maybe 1/4 MDF as it will be easy to handle,easy to cut and not cost a fortune and then use these as templates to cut out of your original material with a bearing guided router bit ? may take you a while but you'll be saving on shipping costs and you've done it all 100% yourself ? just a thought....:thumb:

aeronius

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. For what it's worth I'm no stranger to having templates and parts sent out for CNC fabrication. I've thought about making the templates myself, but time is short these days and if I can come home one day to a big box of parts that I can just bolt together and get to routing I'd be happy.

I do have a couple vendors that I use for regular stuff, but since this is a one-off I thought I'd see if there was anyone around these parts that could help me out.

NateM

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I know a guy who uses this site to sell his templates. I have never uploaded or bought anything myself from the site.

It might not be exactly what you are looking for but it might work for a one off. I'm not trying to take business away from anyone in the forum, just give you another option: 3D printing, laser cutting

Latest Threads