Anyone up for a group purchase of Crescent Bronze #256?

Barnaby

Reaction score
This is apparently the one for goldtops. Those of us who do a bit of building don't need a pound of the darn stuff, and the makers are apparently also leery of shipping internationally.

What I am wondering is if there are a few people who would like smaller quantities of the powder. I'd be happy to stump up the initial cash for the stuff and arrange for local delivery, or it might be more practical for a volunteer in the US to do this, so that they could collect the money for the powder and postage at the same time. This volunteer would then parcel it up and post it off in, say, 100 gram lots (of course, postage costs would be the responsibility of the recipients). I'd offer, but I'm in Tokyo! For the person who volunteered, I suggest that their portion of the magic dust would be free (covered by a little extra from each of the other people) as a thankyou for taking on the task.

Anyone else interested if this is possible? Any volunteers to be the Walter White of the bronze age? :hmm:

ARandall

Reaction score
I'm in for some!!!

I know Crompo got a forum member to buy some and then send it on. I'm sure it would easy for someone in the states who wants to do a goldtop or two to parcel out the large portion they don't use.

rockdog

Reaction score
Hell yes, I'm in too! I only need stuff for one goldtop, cannot find it here in Europe and shipping costs are much higher than the stuff itself.
Would be great to get a little bit 'gold dust' for one guitar...

'59_Standard

Banned
Reaction score
Hell yes, I'm in too! I only need stuff for one goldtop, cannot find it here in Europe and shipping costs are much higher than the stuff itself.
Would be great to get a little bit 'gold dust' for one guitar...
Jo/Expo posted this sometime back for Euro-members, RD: Post

Might be of use for another project.

'59_Standard

Banned
Reaction score
This is apparently the one for goldtops. Those of us who do a bit of building don't need a pound of the darn stuff, and the makers are apparently also leery of shipping internationally.

What I am wondering is if there are a few people who would like smaller quantities of the powder. I'd be happy to stump up the initial cash for the stuff and arrange for local delivery, or it might be more practical for a volunteer in the US to do this, so that they could collect the money for the powder and postage at the same time. This volunteer would then parcel it up and post it off in, say, 100 gram lots (of course, postage costs would be the responsibility of the recipients). I'd offer, but I'm in Tokyo! For the person who volunteered, I suggest that their portion of the magic dust would be free (covered by a little extra from each of the other people) as a thankyou for taking on the task.

Anyone else interested if this is possible? Any volunteers to be the Walter White of the bronze age? :hmm:
Gil posted he mixes 255 & 256 together. Just throwing a spanner in the works there, B. :naughty:

Barnaby

Reaction score
Gil posted he mixes 255 & 256 together. Just throwing a spanner in the works there, B. :naughty:
Cuts it, huh?

One pound of each and we could get about eight or nine packets of the mixed stuff...

John Bauers

Reaction score
Great idea B, I'm in the UK and am up for 100 grams of the mixed powder.

BleedingGums

Reaction score
I'd be happy to help. I sent Crompo his can so I am familiar with the international shipping. One thing that did cross my mind though is sending "little baggies" of gold powder might draw more attention at customs than a factory sealed/labeled can. Either way, I am willing to give it a go. About to head our for the day, but will check back later.

jeff.longino

Reaction score
A small packet of gold might get you mistaken as a cronie for......[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr0gNJ090JA]I Love Gold! - YouTube[/ame]

Tone_Chaser

Reaction score
I'd be in too. It's about $50 per pound from the website but I found 255 for $30 per pound last night on ebay. I will contact the seller and see if they have the 256 also. This could bring down the price considerably.

I remember Gil did mix the two, but do you know if it was a 50/50 mix?

'59_Standard

Banned
Reaction score
He didn't say - from what I've read. TBH -- I'm not sure if anyone else cares and, B, he knows my humor.

Tone_Chaser

Reaction score
I wondered about that too, most of the guys here use one or the other. One pound is about 450 grams. Is 100 grams per guitar about the right amount? If so, we'd need to have 9 people involved in the purchase to get two pounds. Anyone have any idea on the amount used per top?

rabidhamster

Reaction score
I don't need any but I'd be happy to help if needed.

Seems like airtight plastic containers / babyfood jars would be better to send the bronze powder in, but I realize that adds to the shipping cost somewhat. I worry a plain plastic baggy isn't gonna cut it in the mail though. Don't want it to arrive pregreened, or worse, spilled out in shipping to carcinogen some poor mailman.

'59_Standard

Banned
Reaction score
A zipper type top bag and it placed between cardboard would be secure enough.

'59_Standard

Banned
Reaction score
I wondered about that too, most of the guys here use one or the other. One pound is about 450 grams. Is 100 grams per guitar about the right amount? If so, we'd need to have 9 people involved in the purchase to get two pounds. Anyone have any idea on the amount used per top?
DougK posted a spoonful.

Passfan

Reaction score
If I recall my recipe correctly you only need a quarter ounce to do a top. I bought a pound a few years back and still have a tad left. I use it for amp chassis , done some candy colors with it as well

Latest Threads