Anyone sell just the neck?

stringbender11

Reaction score
How much is the guitar? I'd pass on it as far as fixing it, would cost a fortune. Could just buy another non-broken LP at that point. I've fixed a few guitars with a snapped neck but the in those pics is finished, imo.

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
I just googled "Les Paul neck" and there are all kinds of options. Amazon sells one for $42. there's a bunch for cheap on eBay, too.

MrWrong

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
No, you're not going to get a broken guitar and fix it up for low money like you're thinking. You can't buy genuine Gibson necks. I recall several years ago seeing infamous gibson critic Ed Roman in a video chopping (with a hand axe) the bodies off some Gibson's in order to get the necks for his Las Vegas shop while ranting about the non- cooperation of gibson for spare parts and in general.

Here you go.

There are other vids, just the first one I found.

Last edited:
Reactions: Who

Filipem

Reaction score
I really don't know what to say about that video...

Anyhow I managed to buy a LP standard last year for $500 CAD with a busted headstock. I ended up repairing the break and paid less for it than a used studio goes for around these parts. The repair was solid.

This particular guitar is already sold. The seller informed me that someone picked it up yesterday just hours after he posted it someone offered him $600. This guitar had a much nicer top and I thought I'd start looking to see if it was going to be worth my time and money to get it repaired.

Anyhow it's a mute point now I offered less than $600 and it's already sold.

Filipem

Reaction score
I just googled "Les Paul neck" and there are all kinds of options. Amazon sells one for $42. there's a bunch for cheap on eBay, too.
I did the same thing before posting here. I was looking for a genuine neck. I would never use a cheap neck on a guitar like this as it's one of, if not, the most important part of a guitar. (At least for me)

ACEit

Reaction score
really... I don't understand WHY....
even if someone give me that corpse as a gift I can't think to spend money and time to ressurrect it.. in order to save some bucks and ending with a no resale value piece of wood... :hmm:

Jake_Jakerson

Reaction score
Here are some pictures the seller posted

Jezz, I agree with most people on this thread, by the time you get a donor guitar / send it to Gibson (Which is insanely Expensive) I'd buy one that isn't broken! but thats just my opinion unless he is going to give it to you for nothing.