Anyone score one of the Adam Jones Les Pauls?

SMAZCO

Reaction score
Reviews, thoughts, etc? The used market has gone absolutely nuts.

Subterfuge

Reaction score
I'm sure corporate Gibson is enjoying all the publicity brought on by this tempest in a teapot ... it's like killing a hummingbird with a Howitzer .. overkill ?? yes, we get it, ten guitars were stolen ...

Hogie34

Reaction score
Agree, they are ugly. I’d rather have the Kelliher goldburst than the silverburst .

ARandall

Reaction score
Who the F%^k is Adam Jones? And why should I shive a git?
One could say the same about you and your opinion.

I Acknowledge that I am completely ignorant on this topic, but I am good with it
Surely you have google??

I just love the fact that so many people are generally prejudiced against Norlin era guitars. So much the better for those who love their quirks and are wanting to keep buying them cheap!!

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
One could say the same about you and your opinion.

Surely you have google??

I just love the fact that so many people are generally prejudiced against Norlin era guitars. So much the better for those who love their quirks and are wanting to keep buying them cheap!!
I’m sure this craziness for this Adam Jones (Tool guitarist) signature model is going to have an affect on the original 1979 Norlin silverburst Customs and other ‘70s Customs in fact.... it will peak interest no doubt.

I won’t sell my late ‘70 Customs,... so it really doesn’t matter to me.... but it looks like I’m not buying another one soon.... maybe...:rofl:

catstrat

Reaction score
Having said silverbursts are ugly, to each his own. Some people love them and good for them.

I’m sure this craziness for this Adam Jones (Tool guitarist) signature model is going to have an affect on the original 1979 Norlin silverburst Customs and other ‘70s Customs in fact.... it will peak interest no doubt.

I won’t sell my late ‘70 Customs,... so it really doesn’t matter to me.... but it looks like I’m not buying another one soon.... maybe...:rofl:
The market is way ahead of you. Gibson have been teasing the Adam Jones' for a while and people were already starting to pay higher prices for the Norlin customs, not just the silverbursts.

Tdurden032

Reaction score
I’m probably in the minority here but I’ve never been a huge Tool fan - some people are just crazy for them and I get really liking bands, but Tool definitely has some loyal followers.
I can’t see much beyond this being a ‘79 LP custom with the neck pup backwards and an SD in the bridge - for $20k? What am I missing? Is this like the ultimate Tool fan’s must have guitar?

SMAZCO

Reaction score
It seems to be for some. I don't know of another signature or custom model that sold out so fast for so much money over original retail.

jbash

Reaction score
Pointless post alert

I love Silverburst..as long as it doesn't age into that godawful green yellow. I'd rather have a Silverburst Custom that will remain that color.

I'm the same with White Customs. I can't stand when they turn that creme color (ala RR). I'd much rather have a new one that will stay bright white (and will some day)

Kitsune

Reaction score
Pointless post alert

I love Silverburst..as long as it doesn't age into that godawful green yellow. I'd rather have a Silverburst Custom that will remain that color.

I'm the same with White Customs. I can't stand when they turn that creme color (ala RR). I'd much rather have a new one that will stay bright white (and will some day)
If you don't want the color of your Silverburst or Alpine White to age you better buy an Epiphone then. They are all drown in thick poly so they should not age a bit.

pjholland

Reaction score
There is a reasonable explanation for the price of these things-the promotional video cost a fortune! As for the people willing to pay that much, I have no explanation. No, I have not scored one :)

jbash

Reaction score
If you don't want the color of your Silverburst or Alpine White to age you better buy an Epiphone then. They are all drown in thick poly so they should not age a bit.
No thanks. I'd probably go with a MIJ or have the Gibsons re-sprayed.

But I was under the impression the modern "lacquer" Gibson uses has so little nitro in it, that fading is not nearly the issue as it was 25+ years ago.

Latest Threads