Anyone ordered from Creamtone in the last week?

Steve58

Reaction score
Yeah if you see my post above, I ordered on Sept 28 or 29 (can't remember off the top of my head), and it arrived in Canada on Friday.
Ah thanks, that makes me feel a bit better. Your order would've been a bit after mine, but at least there's some stuff going out. Will give it another couple weeks and see where we get to. :fingersx:

Neemo

Reaction score
Yeah if you see my post above, I ordered on Sept 28 or 29 (can't remember off the top of my head), and it arrived in Canada on Friday.
Did u contact him at all or u just waited and it showed up? Did the shipping number ever indicate that it was coming?

I've sent a couple emails with no replies, and was debating whether i should call or not...

BDoubleG

Reaction score
Did u contact him at all or u just waited and it showed up? Did the shipping number ever indicate that it was coming?

I've sent a couple emails with no replies, and was debating whether i should call or not...
I got "shipping info" within a day or two, but it was waiting for the package to arrive at the post office for a week or so - so basically, it actually shipped about a week after I got tracking info. Once it actually left, it tracked nicely all the way to my door.

I did contact via email (twice), phone and Facebook message. To this day have received no response whatsoever (notwithstanding the autoreply to my emails saying they'll respond within 24 hours).

If you do follow up, please share whether you actually got a hold of someone. I'm curious.

gilmanoel

Reaction score
I don't know what's going on, as I haven't been able to talk to Lonnie for months. Several emails and no reply. Last year he had a motorcycle accident and even then, he was not without communication as he is now.

Many people are complaining about the same. Too bad, and I don't think it's right for him to keep the store open that way.

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Premium Member
Reaction score
Testing the waters. Ordered a couple of parts tonight. 10/13. We’ll see what happens. Keep in mind that we’re both in South Carolina. Just a couple of hours away.
Parts arrived today. 9 days total. That being said, I could have driven there and back 36 times during that span. He’s 3 hours from me. All’s is well that ends well.

Steve58

Reaction score
Parts arrived today. 9 days total. That being said, I could have driven there and back 36 times during that span. He’s 3 hours from me. All’s is well that ends well.
Oh OK. Glad you got your parts, but it doesn't augur so well if I'm on 2 months without getting past 'order confirmed' for a standard wiring loom :) It's not reached USPS either, so not a shipping problem. I'll drop CT one last email today, then get on the pain in the ass form filling exercise with the credit card guys next week.

Neemo

Reaction score
Still waiting for my harness...i sent an email late last week...i might try calling friday if nothing happens by end of this week and i can remember...lol

I'm still waitimg for parts from WD Music as well from Long & McQuade so its not like I'm in a rush lol

fantome

Reaction score
Still waiting for my harness...i sent an email late last week...i might try calling friday if nothing happens by end of this week and i can remember...lol

I'm still waitimg for parts from WD Music as well from Long & McQuade so its not like I'm in a rush lol
Have you received your harness yet? I too have been waiting for a while, with no response from Lonnie after several attempts.

Neemo

Reaction score
I had called him just over a week ago (nov 12) and he told me he would build it and send it out, and this past Monday my shipping number finally started seeing movement

...hopefully i receive it mid-week next week (by the time it clears Canadian customs)

He told me that he has been having a hard time getting cts pots, and that he doesnt check email, websites or social media these days ... he also said that he was going to look into why the support emails werent getting returned to customers

Last edited:

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not a boutique parts consumer; I have enough trouble getting stock parts from Fender via any online outlet of your choice. Being in Canada, it generally isn't worthwhile to order from the US, and any of the stores here seem to have difficulties getting parts from Fender. Three months to get a Tele ashtray via L&M (they have the best price so I waited it out) and the saddles I ordered at the same time aren't due to be restocked until February. Fortunately, several of the stores in the chain have them in stock so I got a transfer and will have those in a week.

If I was to order custom pickups, yeah, I'd buy from the guys here. Custom plastics are a non starter for me.

Neemo

Reaction score
I hate ordering stuff from L&M...i ordered nickel Kluson tele string ferules and Neck plate from WD thru them like 7 weeks ago and they aren't due to arrive til early December .... i can't assemble my guitar without them so getting the creamtone harness this late doesnt really matter

COVID has messed up guitar part lead times pretty badly

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
May be on poor taste to post here....... but I don't know why folks wouldn't just order from @cooljuk or @jonesy

All the quality for items they carry. None of the headaches.
Don't see why it would be poor taste.
This isn't the Creamtone Vendor forum/thread, and James and Jonesy are MLP vendors... add @MATTM to the list too.

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
Yea Jonesy is great, i ordered a pickup and harness from him Nov 11, he called me to find out exactly what sound i was after, he built it and I've already received my order ... gonna install it tonight or tomorrow
I've ordered a bunch of harnesses and some pickups from him. 100% every time.

moreles

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about Creamtone as I had excellent experiences with them but prior to the events reported at the start of this thread. Since COVID-19 came up, I've had a few delivery and supply problems, but since I really try to buy only items that the seller verifies as having in hand, it's really been USPS and FedEx that consistently mis delivery dates, sometimes by a lot, and which obviously let stuff pileup at the frint end, and sometimes at major centers along the way. UPS has stayed steady out here. I would not bother ordering from any seller who does not have the item in hand and ready to go, as some are having cash flow, credit, availability, and other problems and they'll take your order anyway and then use COVID as an excuse. Sounds like Creamtone is experiencing a confluence of personal misfortune and loss of control over its own production, shipping, and customer service. I'm not ordering there until this gets straightened out, sad to say.

smk506

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about Creamtone as I had excellent experiences with them but prior to the events reported at the start of this thread. Since COVID-19 came up, I've had a few delivery and supply problems, but since I really try to buy only items that the seller verifies as having in hand, it's really been USPS and FedEx that consistently mis delivery dates, sometimes by a lot, and which obviously let stuff pileup at the frint end, and sometimes at major centers along the way. UPS has stayed steady out here. I would not bother ordering from any seller who does not have the item in hand and ready to go, as some are having cash flow, credit, availability, and other problems and they'll take your order anyway and then use COVID as an excuse. Sounds like Creamtone is experiencing a confluence of personal misfortune and loss of control over its own production, shipping, and customer service. I'm not ordering there until this gets straightened out, sad to say.
Yup. And if he’s straight up telling customers ‘I’m not answering phone calls or emails anymore’ I would personally consider that a fair warning not to send them any money, they’re already half way closed as a business.

monstruo_loco

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea Jonesy is great, i ordered a pickup and harness from him Nov 11, he called me to find out exactly what sound i was after, he built it and I've already received my order ... gonna install it tonight or tomorrow
I’ve ordered and received three harnesses from Jonesy since Covid hit and received them all soon after they were ordered, will order anything else from him that I need without hesitation.

Latest Threads