Anyone ordered from Creamtone in the last week?

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly.
Give me good news, or give me bad news...
But be honest. Don't lie to me and tell me what I want to hear, and don't step off the face of the planet.

After 4 years, I've given up on ever seeing my Strat that Pat Sims was supposed to paint. $600 gone.

ChrisM84

Reaction score
They have been updating their FB page/Market quite a bit today but still no response. Slightly irritating....

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Premium Member
Reaction score
Testing the waters. Ordered a couple of parts tonight. 10/13. We’ll see what happens. Keep in mind that we’re both in South Carolina. Just a couple of hours away.

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ordered 10/13. Notification of "preparing shipment" with tracking info on 10/15. So far, so good.

palmerfralick

Reaction score
Hey folks, don't post much but I know this is the best place for info on Creamtone. I ordered some rings from Lonnie last week and received an email with a tracking number stating they would ship last Thursday 4/7 and I have not received them nor has the tracking number been updated. I've sent two emails but no response. Has anyone else had a problem? I know we are in weird times right now and hope Lonnie is doing OK. I just want to try and find out what's up before I have to contact PayPal.
Thanks
calm down, he's one guy not Amazon. 1 week jeez probably busy answering incessant email

Dogbreath

Reaction score
My position is this. He is the only dealer I’ve been able to locate who has the parts I want, at the price that I’m willing to pay, and who has shipped them to me in a timeframe I came deal with. I would like to get the parts sooner, but I can wait. I’ve waited much longer for stuff from Amazon. I remain a loyal Creamtone customer.

ChrisM84

Reaction score
I’ve ordered a many times from him in the past. Smooth sailing. I’m coming up on two months of waiting. Not just for the order, but also for actual communication. I would have no issue waiting if I would of got a reply earlier on saying it will be delayed...parts are out of stock, pandemic, behind on orders, ANYTHING. Now I’m just out of $200.

Ripgut

Reaction score
People have become accustomed to instant gratification. Everyone bitching about shit here sound like a bunch of entitled fucks. Cancel your orders, order from somewhere else, what's the big deal? Do something about it, or have some patience.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
People have become accustomed to instant gratification. Everyone bitching about shit here sound like a bunch of entitled fucks. Cancel your orders, order from somewhere else, what's the big deal? Do something about it, or have some patience.
There’s a difference between instant gratification and placing an order for a small piece of plastic that takes over a month to arrive, with zero communication from the seller.

You need to chill out.

MATTM

MSSCGuitarWiring.com
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Here's what's interesting to me - This is not the only thread about Creamtone and the lackluster at best customer service. It appears this type of disservice been going on for a long time, and while I agree COVID has f'd up everything and exacerbated already present issues, it doesn't appear to be the root problem at hand.

It boggles my mind that people would continued to place orders knowing what others have gone through. To each is own.

FWIW - I've got no beef with him neither personally or professionally. There's no shame in being overwhelmed and taking a break. Pause taking new orders, get caught up, and come back. What's shameful is the continuation of not only accepting new orders (thus new customer money), but going dark in communication when called out on it.

Last edited:

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
You mean Lonnie is as slow and uncommunicative as Fender? Fender sells direct to stores; there's no distributor. I'm still waiting for parts I ordered in August through L&M. I bought my Fender guard from a US reseller via Amazon and had it in a week.

I could have ordered the parts online and paid shipping, or bought an aftermarket part, but L&Ms prices are usually better, and I want Fender parts for my Teles.

Ain't no Creamtone (or Callaham, for that matter) parts going on my guitars.

jbash

Reaction score
People have become accustomed to instant gratification.
This I agree with

Everyone bitching about shit here sound like a bunch of entitled fucks. Cancel your orders, order from somewhere else, what's the big deal? Do something about it, or have some patience.
And here you are out of line. If he HAS someone's Money then they DAMN SURE ARE ENTITLED to good service and getting the products they paid for.

Creamtone keeps popping up in thread after thread because of lack of communication and MIA orders. I know that because of it, I have avoided his business when I was recently shopping for plastics and aged parts.

Neemo

Reaction score
I ordered a tele brown sugar harness on oct 2...he emailed me a couple days later saying thanks for my business and i have a shipping number, but thats it so far

Their shipping policy says that harnesses take at least a couple weeks, so i hope to see movement this week

Last edited:

BDoubleG

Reaction score
I just wanted to give a quick update, since I revived the thread.

Knobs and pointers arrived and look great. As a quick aside, I ordered these for two reasons: I couldn't get the gold top hats with silver reflectors unless I bought a new Lester, and I much prefer the rounded pointers than the pointy ones from Gibson (notwithstanding that most stock pointers I've seen on Gibsons are the rounded version - go figure!).

I was actually able to find the Gibson knobs I was looking for through STRATosphere (new, off of a 2020 Classic - also bought the Zebra '61s). I'm going to compare the two and see which ones I prefer (my understanding is that the only noticeable different is the tinting of the clear plastic on the Creamtone part), and I'll definitely keep the more rounded Creamtone pointers. So overall, I got my item (was about 3-4 weeks from order to delivery in Canada, which is fine/reasonably normal), and I would likely order from him again if there's something unique I wanted and he had it.

With that said, I was disappointed with the lack of communication on the issue I raised before (post #48). I placed the order, realized there was something I wanted to add (switch tip - virtually no additional weight), immediately emailed him, and over the following week (as the item had not shipped), reached out via email, telephone and even Facebook message. It's not like I was being crazy about it (I only left one phone message, one FB message and two emails, about a week apart) and I still haven't heard anything - not even a "sorry about that, I was busy and didn't get a chance to see any of your messages before it shipped out". Now, if I want that switch tip, I have to pay for it, plus the additional $15USD shipping, which is more than the cost of the item itself. Is this the end of the world? No, of course not, but it's frustrating that, even almost a month after I place my order, there hasn't been any communication from Creamtone.

And to Ripgut's douchey response about everyone being so entitled, I think you're out of line on this one. First, I couldn't have cancelled the order, even if I had wanted to, as that requires a level of communication from the seller, and I'm also pretty sure that Creamtone doesn't so returns/cancellations unless there is a defect in the part. I wasn't looking for "instant gratification", I was fine with waiting, frankly, as long as it takes for the parts to arrive - they're cosmetic parts, I'm in no rush to pretty up my guitar, and I'll get to it when I get to it. What does bother me is the complete lack of customer service whatsoever - if someone has the time to take my money and ship out a product, they have the time to check email and provide updates, even if it's after the fact. Put in a Google search for the Positive Grid Spark and you'll find countless irate customers who placed orders, whose money was taken upon the placement of the order (not when the item was shipped) and who waited forever with no communication (I'm sure there's a discussion or two about it on this very forum). I think this frustration is justifiable.

I don't care if it's a $200-300 amp or a $20-30 plastic part: I don't think it's unreasonable or entitled for anyone to expect where his or her money has gone and to expect some minimum level of communication from the business taking that person's money. As I say, I'd probably buy again from Creamtone in a pinch, but they have definitely moved down the list of suppliers I'll reach out to next time I need an aftermarket part.

Steve58

Reaction score
I'm on 8 weeks now waiting for a wiring harness and some plastics. No info at all from Creamtone since the payment confirm, and support emails aren't answered. Has anyone had that sort of order delivered from them in the last couple of months or do you know if that wait is normal?

BDoubleG

Reaction score
Has anyone had that sort of order delivered from them in the last couple of months or do you know if that wait is normal?
Yeah if you see my post above, I ordered on Sept 28 or 29 (can't remember off the top of my head), and it arrived in Canada on Friday.

MATTM

MSSCGuitarWiring.com
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
People usually don't change until they are forced to change. Usually out of desperation. As long as his excuses and apparent blatant disregard for any reasonable communication continues; and as long as folks continue to place orders, which is essentially accepting and enabling the very behavior complained about in this and similar threads, he has ZERO reason to change his way of doing business.

Again. Not personal towards him. You could replace the name with more than a few prior vendors with similar stories....

mudface

Boo Bee
Premium Member
Reaction score
If i may suggest,... you may want to contact Lonnie before making a purchase.... this way you can confirm if your items will be instock and what the possible wait will be.... this way there will be no BS to follow. If you just click and confirm your order on line you have no way of knowing what the logistics will be. That format is not his best business practice.

Latest Threads