Anyone ordered from Creamtone in the last week?

mudface

Boo Bee
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just spoke with Lonnie directly on the phone a few minutes ago. He promised me my order was going out on Monday. So I guess we’ll see how that goes. I didn’t ask questions about reasons for the delay nor did he offer any excuses. So I’m gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and have some more patience with it at least through next week. I do know when I spoke with him the other week he did mentions he was behind on email responses and was encouraging people to call direct with the number on the web site. It’s hard to find but I have it and he answered a few minutes ago. So message me if anyone needs it. I don’t want to post it publicly
Monday is a holiday amigo......... he got you again:rofl:

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
I just spoke with Lonnie directly on the phone a few minutes ago. He promised me my order was going out on Monday. So I guess we’ll see how that goes. I didn’t ask questions about reasons for the delay nor did he offer any excuses. So I’m gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and have some more patience with it at least through next week. I do know when I spoke with him the other week he did mentions he was behind on email responses and was encouraging people to call direct with the number on the web site. It’s hard to find but I have it and he answered a few minutes ago. So message me if anyone needs it. I don’t want to post it publicly
Did you ever receive your order?

Dogbreath

Reaction score
I placed an order with Creamtone a short while ago. Communication was great and I received my order about a week or so later.

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
I placed an order with Creamtone a short while ago. Communication was great and I received my order about a week or so later.
I even told Lonnie to read "The E-Myth Revisited" about the challenges most small biz face. Doubly so for a 1 man band.
Meaning, he's dealing with common small business issues when 1 guy runs everything.

MiniB

Reaction score
He hasn’t posted here since January, lol.

Also,

That's why I give Wolfe Macleod at Wolfetone Pickups so much credit...I was in conversation with him way back when he started, and then he went through that whole Dr. Vintage deal that really impacted him...but he stuck with it and found a way to always deliver. Hard to do these days.

Atavan Halen

Reaction score
I'm actually having issues with Creamtone at the moment. I ordered several parts for my Les Paul Standard around 3 weeks ago. I received an automated email with a tracking number on June 22nd stating that the parts were being prepared for shipment. The tracking information as of today still shows that USPS never received the package. I've tried contacting their support emails and phone line three times now. What other course of action should I take? I'm starting to get worried that I've just been shorted a couple hundred dollars...

BDoubleG

Reaction score
Figured I'd rather revive this thread instead of starting a new one. I ordered some knobs a couple of weeks ago. It's been stuck at waiting for the package to arrive (meaning it hasn't really been shipped). In the meantime, I wanted to add something to my order (a switch tip) and have contacted a couple of times by email/phone/FB messenger to no avail. Now I'm starting to wonder what the deal is in terms of just getting the items at all. Has anyone heard from them recently?

Thanks for the help!

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Premium Member
Reaction score
No rhyme or reason with CreamTone. Sometimes he ships fast, sometimes slow. Same applies to communication. You never know what you'll get.

BDoubleG

Reaction score
No rhyme or reason with CreamTone. Sometimes he ships fast, sometimes slow. Same applies to communication. You never know what you'll get.
Thanks - I'll wait another week or so, but if I get nothing, I'll likely just try to cancel on my end through Visa.

lawrev

Reaction score
I hope Lonnie is ok and that any delay is not health - related.

irocdave12

Reaction score
I just want to put a good word in for Lonnie, I think he’s having the same hard year that we are all having with a little extra on his plate too. Couple that with the fact USPS is not operating at their normal pace and its a recipe for disappointment for folks hoping for their parts quick and efficient. I was one of the people concerned a few months back with my order, but I was always able to get in touch with him eventually and he ultimately delivered on everything. I know when speaking with him he indicated he was running behind on somethings, was holding orders up because certain items were out of stock from suppliers and he was a small one man operation doing his best to keep his head above water. I too hope he’s managing ok and things improve for him asap as he seems like a truly decent individual in my dealings with him.

Git7010

Reaction score
I will add, I ordered some knobs and a switch tip 2 weeks ago. I was getting worried as I saw the message about being ready but not yet at the courier. Just checked the tracking number and saw it has made it to the USPS. So maybe things are getting back on track.

ChrisM84

Reaction score
I don’t post often (obviously) but I’d like to voice my concern with Creamtone.

I placed an order on 8/31, and received the automated shipping email on 9/3. The shipping information has not updated since then. I’ve sent many emails, called, even fb messenger with no response. I’ve ordered plenty of times from him in the past with no issue. Bummer.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
I don’t post often (obviously) but I’d like to voice my concern with Creamtone.

I placed an order on 8/31, and received the automated shipping email on 9/3. The shipping information has not updated since then. I’ve sent many emails, called, even fb messenger with no response. I’ve ordered plenty of times from him in the past with no issue. Bummer.
Wow.

jbash

Reaction score
IDK where other folks live, but my family and I have ordered dozens and dozens of items from all sorts of retailers great and small since COVID hit and have not had one single problem. Maybe a day delay on shipping on one or two items and that was related to the weather issues and power loss for a week. Things are getting to and through USPS, FEDEX, and UPS no problem. We have also returned several items, and again, no issue going to USPS, UPS Stores, etc and items back for exchange.

Unless your state is completely shut down or you live in the middle of nowhere , I find these excuses hard to understand.

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Premium Member
Reaction score
Before the pandemic was even a thing, I waited an extended period of time with no shipping and no communication. It's a common theme. No shade on the dude... It's just the way it is.

your idol

Reaction score
This is spot on. Ive orderd stuff and waited an abhorrent amount of time for it. It was almost 3 weeks on an SG Pickguard. Last week i ordered a Junior TRC expecting it to be a wait and it was at my house like 3 days later. Its hot/cold roulette every time i order but ive set that expectation with myself anymore that if thats where I have to source something from then its just rolling the dice. Ill say this at least it always shows up eventually. Lord knows with guitar parts ive had to chase people down before.

indeedido

Reaction score
I'm ok with delays but only with communication. When guys go dark and pull a Lumpy's Tone Shop i dont have patience for that. Just tell me something!

Latest Threads