Anyone ordered from Creamtone in the last week?

Findthetone

Reaction score
Hey folks, don't post much but I know this is the best place for info on Creamtone. I ordered some rings from Lonnie last week and received an email with a tracking number stating they would ship last Thursday 4/7 and I have not received them nor has the tracking number been updated. I've sent two emails but no response. Has anyone else had a problem? I know we are in weird times right now and hope Lonnie is doing OK. I just want to try and find out what's up before I have to contact PayPal.
Thanks

mudface

Boo Bee
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think that Lonnie's shipping system is automated and sends out confirmation notices that are not actual..... I have made a number of orders from CreamTone and it has happened a couple of times..... though he has always been good on returning e-mails.... though he is a busy man... I'm sure he will be in contact.

Findthetone

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'll wait it out for a while. I figured the shipping response was automated and USPS does have a slow system update. I know Lonnie has a stellar reputation for customer service. I'm not able to contact him on Facebook as I am one of the last few that refuses to be a part of it. I'll just be patient.
Stay healthy everybody!

Dogbreath

Reaction score
He creates the shipping label as soon as the order is placed and that accompanies the part throughout the process. It often takes a few days before the item is ready to actually ship. Many items are custom made when the order is placed. All worth the wait.

moreles

Reaction score
I would contact Creamtone. It's a good company, but if they're into the automated notic of shipment and not getting the stuff moving accordingly, they deserve to get informed and of course should be more than happy to tell you the real status of your order. The shipping software that reports to buyers that something has been "shipped" when all that is happened is that a label was generated sucks, sucks, sucks and there's no reason why you need to like it. Creamtone's a good supplier and it is to their benefit if this situation has become commonplace. They will want to rectify it. Buyers are understandably eager, and that's why we have tracking -- so you get accurate info and don't have to wonder. Delayed shipment, due to the above, is more and more common, and given the overstress on shipping companies and the USPS, things are dragging.

ARandall

Reaction score
If the tracking actually is for a parcel that is in the postal system, then its a little slow at the moment in the postal department. As an example......I ordered some PATB pickups in Mid March. I'm in Aus, and they are still in the US system somewhere a month later. On the flipside, I ordered a maple top from Curlymaple.com and it only took a week or so to get to me.
:dunno:

If its not shipped at all, then indeed that could be a cause for minor concern. But its not like its situation normal - especially given last weekend was Easter as well.

Findthetone

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. My rings arrived Monday. I never did receive a shipped email and the USPS never updated so I will chalk that up to postal service flaws.
I do have an addition question. These are butyrate rings with flat bottoms. Do they need to be trimmed/sanded for a carved top or are they flexible enough to mold to shape?
Thanks!

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. My rings arrived Monday. I never did receive a shipped email and the USPS never updated so I will chalk that up to postal service flaws.
I do have an addition question. These are butyrate rings with flat bottoms. Do they need to be trimmed/sanded for a carved top or are they flexible enough to mold to shape?
Thanks!
Paging @CreamTone to the off-white butyrate courtesy phone, please.

Dogbreath

Reaction score
The only Les Pauls with curved bottoms are Chinese. All Gibson’s have always been flat. Run the screws that came with them only partially in and gradually tighten them down over an hour or so. I put Creamtone and Gibson Historic rings on my Traditional and it worked well.

Ripgut

Reaction score
My M-69 rings fit fine as well, you don't need to do anything to them.

Lonnie posted on FB today that his brother passed away and he is taking the day off and that he hopes everyone understands.

FB Post:

Friends, I lost my big brother this morning. It wasn't the virus. He was several years older than I am, and his heart gave out. It's difficult to focus on anything right now other than remembering all of the great times together, like riding on the back of his motorcycle when I was a kid. I'm taking the rest of the day off because I'm worthless in the shop right now. For those of you who are waiting for orders, I appreciate your understanding. Please send your thoughts and prayers to our family.

Lonnie

Findthetone

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll just put em on and enjoy!
Really sorry to hear about Lonnie's brother. We are in difficult times right now and to lose a family matter as well is horrible. I wish him and his family the best.

endial

Reaction score
Saw a facebook notification today of a death in the family that Lonnie is having a tough time with.

-FWIW.

irocdave12

Reaction score
Put me on the list of people concerned about an order they placed. Made 2 separate orders in the last month. First one for a simple set of rings arrived in a week. The second order was for multiple items which I was issued a tracking number for on 5/9 stating awaiting usps pick up. Tracking hasn’t moved since and CreamTone is radio silent for both the phone and email response past few days

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
Paging @CreamTone to the off-white butyrate courtesy phone, please.
He hasn’t posted here since January, lol.

Also,

Roxy13

Reaction score
Yeah, there are others who are saying they aren't getting their Creamtone orders, but I'm having all kinds of issues with USPS these days.

I had ordered pots from VIP and the entire time the tracking said that only a label had been created. And finally they just showed up, and the tracking continued saying that even after I had them. In the meantime I had contacted VIP, who told me no, they were actually shipped that day the label was created and multiple customers were having the same problem.

Same thing happened with an order from StewMac. SM is in Ohio, where I also live. Normally I get orders from them the next day. Over the course of 3 weeks there were no updates on the tracking other than the day it shipped. I had placed a second order 2.5 weeks after the first one and it got here the next day. Finally the first order showed up, but after the second order.

And I am currently missing an item from Bartlett. I know it cleared customs in Chicago on May 14, but nothing since then.

In my case all 3 vendors sent the items out quickly but all the delays and lack of tracking have been on USPS.

Mike I

Premium Member
Reaction score
Put me on the list of people concerned about an order they placed. Made 2 separate orders in the last month. First one for a simple set of rings arrived in a week. The second order was for multiple items which I was issued a tracking number for on 5/9 stating awaiting usps pick up. Tracking hasn’t moved since and CreamTone is radio silent for both the phone and email response past few days
I think he's taking your money, and buying the parts from his supplier, and then aging (or not), and rebagging.

His supply chain may be messed up along with his inability to get caught up.

Took me almost a month to get a pickguard from him.

I'll shop elsewhere.

Latest Threads