Anyone looking to sell their Jimmy Page #1?

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Looking for one with a big top; I know that is rare for this run.........

PM me if interested. Thanks!

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
Good luck with your search!

I wish Gibson didn't make these rare unobtanium runs for sky-high prices.
Should have made these a semi-production or regualr-ish model like Slash is doing. I'd have bought one.

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
number 16 is in the netherlands, that has a top like the orginal, 24k in euros.

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

yes its the aged one, I had two at one point, 86 and 87. not seen any big tops on this run, seem some ok big flames of the VOS from time to time.

Agreed. I am familiar with that one. It has been for sale for months. When it was first listed I wrote them and told them that Gibson verified Page's #1 as a 59 when they first made the run. The seller thanked me for the info but never changed the listing. LOL

I would prefer to find the biggest top possible in the custom authentic version in order to keep costs down.

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
a lot of people have had the aged version up for that much since they were released, not seen any evidence any have actually sold for that in my looking about over the years, in UK mostly sold for 10-12k.

J50315

Reaction score
There was a non-aged one that just sold on reverb, was on for less than a day. Asking price was $9699

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
a lot of people have had the aged version up for that much since they were released, not seen any evidence any have actually sold for that in my looking about over the years, in UK mostly sold for 10-12k.

I have owned 2 of the aged ones over the years and 6 of the custom authentic. The aged ones did start out in the 20K+ range. But they dropped in to the low to mid teens for several years. Lately the asking prices have climbed back up into the 20s, but I only know of one that sold for that much.

bblooz

Reaction score
I forgot what the MSRP was when they announced this issue, but I recall thinking it was preposterous at the time. As it turns out, it would have been a sound investment (plus you would have enjoyed playing it all these years!).

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
15,999.99 USD 8,999 GBP

joff

Reaction score
I know that a JP #1 Aged sold about 6 months ago for $24,000 at Lovies Guitars in the US.

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I know that a JP #1 Aged sold about 6 months ago for $24,000 at Lovies Guitars in the US.
that was one of my old ones that I owned for five years. A friend of mine bought it from them and I think he’s nuts for paying that much!

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
that was one of my old ones that I owned for five years. A friend of mine bought it from them and I think he’s nuts for paying that much!
I think he is too, I loved my ‘87, no guitar I had before or since has Had the same vibe it gave me.

DADGAD

Reaction score
John, good to see you back in the fold! Another option is Digimart. The japanese market get their unofficial Page run to spec by getting them sent as “‘58’s” in Orange sunset fade with thin necks. Now i’m
not sure if the necks are replicated dead on (my guess is yes or damn close) as that market usually demands accuracy. Prices were reasonable too. I know you have purchased from over there previously so you know the routine. Hope you are building up your Page collection again. It was mighty.

Torshalla

Reaction score
These limited guitars creeping up in value or at least maintaining their value is a good excuse i use to justify buying them... it makes me feel less guilty haha
I look at it as a multi purpose purchase... you get an amazing guitar you can play (when aged you need not worry for small marks), you get a piece of history, the money you use to buy it cannot be wasted elsewhere whilst you own it... it s all good :)

StSGLPJ

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
These limited guitars creeping up in value or at least maintaining their value is a good excuse i use to justify buying them... it makes me feel less guilty haha
I look at it as a multi purpose purchase... you get an amazing guitar you can play (when aged you need not worry for small marks), you get a piece of history, the money you use to buy it cannot be wasted elsewhere whilst you own it... it s all good :)
Until the frets start getting grooves in them!

Latest Threads