Anyone looking for some Probuckers?

EpiLP1985

They call me Derek.
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a set of Probuckers with Master Volume and Master Tone wired into a Red Tortoise Strat pickgaurd.

I'm going for a Gilmour Black Strat deal with my #2 and the pickgaurd is coming out. Are people looking for these as aftermarket replacements at all?

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
I sold a pair to a guy on Craigslist last year. He was building a guitar for his son and was very grateful for the pickups. I think I sold him the set for $40-50. They were listed for a couple months before he bought them.

rbraad68

Reaction score
i regretfully sold a set of PB 1 n 2 out of my 50s standard. but it helped the guy out and he was able to put his 50s 2019 to the way he wanted it. i think i chardged him 75 shipped so i wound up selling for 60 bucks.. now i need a pair so i will be texting you EpiLP !!!!

DrBGood

Reaction score
If they came from an Epiphone Guitar, they are wonderful pickups.
If they came from eBay or Amazon, they are anything but.

rbraad68

Reaction score
hey do i get the pickup rings? i need rings i can not find any to fit my custom wierd shit ive bought 4 sets already they fit my standards but not my custom??????

EpiLP1985

They call me Derek.
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey do i get the pickup rings? i need rings i can not find any to fit my custom wierd shit ive bought 4 sets already they fit my standards but not my custom??????
How do the custom rings compare to the standards? Smaller or bigger?

WannaLesPaul

Reaction score
If they came from an Epiphone Guitar, they are wonderful pickups.
If they came from eBay or Amazon, they are anything but.
And again... you don't know wtf you're talking about with these pickups. You just won't ever let that myth go :rolleyes:

DrBGood

Reaction score
And again... you don't know wtf you're talking about with these pickups. You just won't ever let that myth go :rolleyes:
You can also buy a brand new Gibson Guitar made in China on eBay.

The "myth" is that Epiphone denies selling their pickups to thrid parties ... who would then sell them at a fraction of the price.

Last edited:

rbraad68

Reaction score
How do the custom rings compare to the standards? Smaller or bigger?
they look the same but the damm wholes arn't the same they ay are smaller i believe... that or mine got drilled wierd from china.....

EpiLP1985

They call me Derek.
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
they look the same but the damm wholes arn't the same they ay are smaller i believe... that or mine got drilled wierd from china.....
What color do you need? I have some smaller rings in light cream that I’ll send you with the pickups.

rbraad68

Reaction score
What color do you need? I have some smaller rings in light cream that I’ll send you with the pickups.
i need a set of blk if you have some?? cream is aleays welcome too.. when i bought that chibson it had cream rings on it and they work with the epi's also i got a tall ring lie everyone seems to be looking for. have to compare it to the ones on my 59s but i think its taller to be honest...

rbraad68

Reaction score
You can also buy a brand new Gibson Guitar made in China on eBay.

The "myth" is that Epiphone denies selling their pickups to thrid parties ... who would then sell them at a fraction of the price.
i actually bought a set off e-bay. the packaging was exellent. they provided the rings and screws. i put them in my classic to check them out and i can't jear or see a diff between the "real" ones or the ones i got off e-bay for 60 bucks!! i called the guy and asked him if these were china knock offs or if he thought they were the real thing?? His reply was that they were real. He told me buy a set and if you dont like them send them back... just saying guys... i can't tell a diff and they fucking sound great!!!

DrBGood

Reaction score
i actually bought a set off e-bay. the packaging was exellent. they provided the rings and screws. i put them in my classic to check them out and i can't jear or see a diff between the "real" ones or the ones i got off e-bay for 60 bucks!! i called the guy and asked him if these were china knock offs or if he thought they were the real thing?? His reply was that they were real. He told me buy a set and if you dont like them send them back... just saying guys... i can't tell a diff and they fucking sound great!!!
Do you think a seller being asked if his stiff is the real thing or fake will be honest if he advertised it as legit to start with ?
I'm not saying they can't sound good, just that they aren't the real thing.

rbraad68

Reaction score
Do you think a seller being asked if his stiff is the real thing or fake will be honest if he advertised it as legit to start with ?

i hear u man.. they have all the same markings if i handed them to you you prob wouldn't knw.. reguardless they sound great for what i need them fo...

WannaLesPaul

Reaction score
Why not? You've taken Epiphone's word as the gospel truth eh?

WannaLesPaul

Reaction score
My experience was pretty much the same. Except mine were $30. You overpaid man :laugh2:

frehley76

Reaction score
I ordered a few sets as well, I finally tried a set of Historic rings I had sitting around and they fit. I would imagine regular Gibson ones would as well.

Latest Threads