Anyone know if Fender ever made a US Tele in Fiesta Red with maple neck?

jrh60

Reaction score
Starting to Jones for one of these and am wondering if it exists....

sonar

Reaction score
Vintage would be a rare bird, but possible. My guess would be mid 60's when Fender made two-piece maple board caps, not the traditional skunk stripe neck.

The AVRI Fiesta Red Strats I've seen were not the most convincing shade and even the modern Vintera or American Original Fiesta Reds are a tad too dark.

Can't recall ever seeing an AVRI Tele in Fiesta Red?

There are MIJ's out there, and MIJ always look a little more authentic with the original Fender custom colors, but that's not what you're asking.

There's always Custom Shop.

jrh60

Reaction score
Thanks for the thoughts.

Yes, I was mainly curious whether at any point Fender had made any "American Standard" models (i.e. regular, run-of-the-mill US Teles that aren't custom shop or "elite" or "artist" series that cost thousands of $) in the Fiesta color.

I've also wondered the same question in the past about other "rare today" colors like Graffiti Yellow or Burgundy Mist.

Afterall, everyone knows the names of these classic Fender colors, so you would think that they were actually made at some point as production colors (before the likes of the high-$ recently-created series like the "artist" or "elite" series).

So I was just curious if there is anyone out there who has actually seen a US-made Tele in Fiesta (or Graffiti Yellow or Burgundy Mist for that matter).

They all seem like really nice autumn colors to have and I was curious whether a US-made animal exists for less than a couple of grand....

Reactions: Who

jrh60

Reaction score
That might be the way I end up going. Stratosphere is a good source of bodies (and necks).

jrh60

Reaction score
Very cool and there's the proof I was looking for that they do exist. Thanks!

jrh60

Reaction score
I figured he was going to say that he scratched it off :)

In any case, not to burst anyone's bubble, but I stopped in & looked at the Fiesta Red color of a new Vintera MIM today (not to buy it, just to see what FIesta looks like in person) and it was too orangey for what I need ( I already have an autumn blaze ORANGE Tele and I have a DARK CAR Fat Tele and I was looking for something in between - but the VINTERA is WAY more orangey than red - so I'm thinking maybe what I'm really looking for is a SONIC RED or a HOT ROD RED). Need to do some more research....

...the hunt is part of the fun of acquiring "that next one", tho!

garybaldy

Reaction score
Youll also need a dark colored dowel for the truss rod hole. :)

And fewer string trees.
You're getting me into a corner here Who! I'm certainly no expert. All I know is I like teles. What model etc is the pic here? Exactly the decal I need. My 1st tele was a JV Squier from '82 or '83 but I stupidly sold it. I have an '88/'89 Am. Std. in SB, Squier Tele Custom II (P90s) and the unbranded red one for which I posted a NGD thread but no one was interested!! So I thought I'd post it again here!
Sincere apologies to the OP:).

• Love

zombiwoof

Reaction score
I figured he was going to say that he scratched it off :)

In any case, not to burst anyone's bubble, but I stopped in & looked at the Fiesta Red color of a new Vintera MIM today (not to buy it, just to see what FIesta looks like in person) and it was too orangey for what I need ( I already have an autumn blaze ORANGE Tele and I have a DARK CAR Fat Tele and I was looking for something in between - but the VINTERA is WAY more orangey than red - so I'm thinking maybe what I'm really looking for is a SONIC RED or a HOT ROD RED). Need to do some more research....

...the hunt is part of the fun of acquiring "that next one", tho!
Real Fiesta Red is an orangey red color, you want one of the redder versions I guess, like Torino Red or another one.
Al

jrh60

Reaction score
Yes, looks like there are a bunch of reds that are siimilar: Dakota, Sonic, Hot Rod, Chrome, Torino, etc

Real Fiesta Red is an orangey red color, you want one of the redder versions I guess, like Torino Red or another one.
Al

riffsmachine

Reaction score
Maybe this one
edit.. it's rosewood neck:Ohno:

Last edited: