Anyone know all the different finishes for the 2008 gibson les paul standard?

mattholohan

Reaction score
I tried out a 2008 Gibson Les Paul Standard at the music shop the other day and I really liked the finish but I haven't seen one like it since and can't find any photos of another one. I'm pretty sure the salesperson said the finish was Iced tea but I searched for pics of this finish and they didn't really look like the one I played.
It was a flame top and it had a very slight burst, I searched for pics of all the finishes that gibson listed on it's website but none looked like the one.
Is there maybe some lighter Iced tea finishes?
Or if someone has pics of all the known finishes that would be helpful, it was a stock finish so it shouldn't be too hard to find right?

planks

Reaction score
The finishes can vary, even within the Iced Tea Bursts some are lighter or darker than others. Could it maybe be a Les Paul Standard Light Burst (pic) you tried out

Liter O'Cola

Reaction score
Lemme see... Desert Burst, Honey Burst, Cherryburst, Lightburst, Iced Tea.

Personally, I have a difficult time telling the difference between Honey and Light. Keep in mind online photos will alter the look drastically depending on lighting.

<----------Desert Burst

LPV

Reaction score
They all vary. Could it be honeyburst?

standard.jpg

mattholohan

Reaction score
Ok, firstly, thanks for all the replies guys!!
I'm pretty sure it wasn't the light burst Planks.
Definitely wasn't the desert burst Liter O'Cola.
and definitely wasn't the cherry burst lp_junkie.
I think the closest was the honey burst, although it looked a little lighter but that just could be the difference between seeing it in a picture and in person, I think yours LPV, is the closest to the slight burst it has.
So thanks guys, you've solved my problem!

Latest Threads