Anyone interested in the Marlboro Burst?

vklobucar

Reaction score
Wow!

Nice burst but maybe I am missing something?

$325,000 for that with rewound PAF's?

I dunno :)

BKS

Reaction score
Marlboro Burst? Might look nice on my Camel....

goldtop0

Reaction score
Good lord........that much nicotine!!!!!
Was it left in a nicotine soaked environment(a case) for a number of years........that's weird to say the least :naughty:

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or is anyone else concerned that it looks like red dye "IN" the wood where the paint has flaked off the arm wear area. :eek2:
Could be, maybe not enough wear to bust all the way through the finish? Condition is pretty good considering …

Lot of red left. Kept in the case a lot?

sws1

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or is anyone else concerned that it looks like red dye "IN" the wood where the paint has flaked off the arm wear area. :eek2:
Strange wear / non-wear all at the same time. Original frets, and good physical condition, but flaky finish all over, rewound pickups, and missing LP logo. Neck has a different patina, and what looks like a 'different' shaped heel.

integra evan

Reaction score
Thought it was weird at first too, then I noticed the ad said that the nicotine gave it a "rich, dark red color." If it does that to a guitar, imagine what it does to your lungs lol!
Neck looks almost like an open pore satin/faded finish.

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Having played more than a few of these, that pic had my nose twitching.

Nicotine residue smells bad enough on it's own, but when it's combined with the scent of 50-60yo lacquer, forget about it!

And if you think modern lacquer is "sticky"...:shock:

boogieongtr

Reaction score
$325K for a plain top, rewound PAF's and I bet a nasty nicotine smell??? I'd say it's about $100K overpriced. It does have a very nice grain pattern on the top.

Leotis

Reaction score
Keep in mind that that is Nashville pricing though...

Latest Threads