Anyone here use Blue Apron or similar service?

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My daughter uses Blue Apron regularly and loves it. The prep doesn't bother her and the ingredients are top shelf.

I've had a few meals and have to agree with her!

PeteK

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on HelloFresh. We're going out of town for the eclipse, so I'll start getting deliveries when we get home.

SneakySnakeLady

The Goat Lady
Reaction score
We used Blue Apron for a while, it saved some money on groceries and the food was good, REALLY good, pretty decent prep time, and always enough for both of us to get enough to eat without leftovers but I had issues with their customer service, they sent me someone else's box one week full of stuff I was allergic to, and wouldn't refund me or ship me the correct box, so I stopped using them. I haven't tried another meal service like that since then.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I've got a gift cert for BA. Haven't gotten my head far enough out of my ass to use it, yet. There is still hope.

I'm not trying to blow smoke up my own ass, but I can cook (sometimes, I can really cook). Not only can I make a meal when I have gone to the store and acquired all the necessary ingredients, I can open the cupboard, grab some stuff and turn whatever is in the freezer into a restaurant quality meal. It has taken 20 years to perfect, but I'm comfortable that I can take a pile of sh*t and turn it into a pleasant dining experience.

So, while I expect to enjoy BA, I am programmed to work magic over the stove and am less inclined to put a tv dinner in the oven.

Last edited:

PeteK

Reaction score
First recipe from my HelloFresh order. Sweet potato hash. Turned out pretty ok. I'd eat it again. Could have used more bacon.
20992865_1645179488825656_7930460646737770352_n.jpg

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Get a slow cooker and/or Instant Pot and do some freezer cooking.

dennis g

Reaction score
Making good food is not that difficult. Two words - SLOW COOKER! You can set them to cook all day (while you're at work) and a lot of things can be prepared the night before. My problem with services is that one) you can't depend on what time they'll show up (kind of like pizza delivery) and two) you don't know what ingredients they used. And then there's the cost thing...

I'm the cook in the house and if I get tired of cooking, I revert to the slow cooker for ease of use, convenience, etc. YMMV.

fett

I can see for miles and smiles.
Platinum Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I can't relate.

Latest Threads