Anyone heard of WORLDS BEST CABLES?

Mr French

Reaction score
That's the name of the cable brand so don't get mad at me lol. I traded all my Mogami cables for some work to be done on my house and I'm just left with my OG Mogami cable from 2009 and I have to do a service claim on it via mail as the Gold mogami logo is well worn out. Anyways I came across these guys on Amazon WBC and they have a 10ft cable that supposedly equivalent to Mogami gold but for $30

Anyone tried this brand before?

none2low

Reaction score
I don't know the seller, but Gotham cable is good stuff. And with a quality Neutrik or Switchcraft connector I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Mr French

Reaction score
I don't know the seller, but Gotham cable is good stuff. And with a quality Neutrik or Switchcraft connector I doubt you'll be disappointed.
Thanks. Gotham is the name of the series from 'WBC' Worlds Best Cables.

I will give these guys a shot.

none2low

Reaction score
Here is a link to Gotham Cable

Very well respected in the pro-audio/recording community. Up there with Canare, Mogami, Belden, etc. Not a bad price either.

Last edited:

Mr French

Reaction score

Very well respected in the pro-audio/recording community. Up there with Canary, Mogami, Belden, etc. Not a bad price either.
interesting, I was looking at wbc brand. Didn't know there was a Gotham brand. Now i see they juse used Gotham brand cables.

Mr French

Reaction score

Very well respected in the pro-audio/recording community. Up there with Canary, Mogami, Belden, etc. Not a bad price either.
WBC brand using Gotham cable

WBC using Mogami Cables.

I never heard or used Gotham but am familiar with Mogami Gold.

JPummil

Reaction score
I've got all WBC/Mogami cables in my setup and I've been very pleased so far.

They shipped pretty quickly from Amazon as well.

dro

Reaction score
Since I built my studio. And built all the cabling for it. I have become a big advocate of Mogami 2534 quad cables, for mic lines. Neutrik Plugs and jacks.
Guitar, I like Mogami gold or George L"s in the studio.
Depending on gig or stage size Mogami gold or Monster for live.

Mr French

Reaction score
Since I built my studio. And built all the cabling for it. I have become a big advocate of Mogami 2534 quad cables, for mic lines. Neutrik Plugs and jacks.
Guitar, I like Mogami gold or George L"s in the studio.
Depending on gig or stage size Mogami gold or Monster for live.
Thread a few months old but I forgot to update. I have both worlds best cables and mogami and must say it's close. I will still chose mogami as I can hear a slight noise difference and both have the same jack.

Wbc is great over any basic/budget cable for a good price.

lifebreath

Reaction score
Came across this thread doing a search. Just an FYI to others.

I bought two 12' and two 3' cables and they are very nice. 12' with Mogami 2524 cable and Neutrik NP2RX-B & NP2X-B right angle/straight connectors, 12' with Gotham GAC-1 cable and Amphenol QM2R-AU & QM2P-AU right angle/straight connectors, 3' with Mogami 2319 wire (thinner) for patches.

I was looking for high quality wire with right angle connectors that would work with my Custom Shop Telecasters with the deep jack. Both the Neutrik and Amphenol connectors insert fully, but the Neutrik has a touch more clearance.

I just ordered a few more cables for all my runs with my rig. They've also got a nice selection of pedal board patches. I make my own, so I haven't bought any of theirs.

Mr French

Reaction score
Came across this thread doing a search. Just an FYI to others.

I bought two 12' and two 3' cables and they are very nice. 12' with Mogami 2524 cable and Neutrik NP2RX-B & NP2X-B right angle/straight connectors, 12' with Gotham GAC-1 cable and Amphenol QM2R-AU & QM2P-AU right angle/straight connectors, 3' with Mogami 2319 wire (thinner) for patches.

I was looking for high quality wire with right angle connectors that would work with my Custom Shop Telecasters with the deep jack. Both the Neutrik and Amphenol connectors insert fully, but the Neutrik has a touch more clearance.

I just ordered a few more cables for all my runs with my rig. They've also got a nice selection of pedal board patches. I make my own, so I haven't bought any of theirs.
I should of mentioned I did buy WBC non Gotham version Mogami 2524 Wire

Does the job very well and is up there with Mogami.

dro

Reaction score

gkelm

Reaction score
Wayne Enterprises? ;) The have all the right labels, can’t imagine one could go wrong.

MyGuitar

Reaction score
The best guitar (not only) cable is the German/French-made Sommer Cable Spirit Series (variations available, including the best - SC-Silver). Very flexible and slippery, have very low capacitance, a very long life, double (100%) shielded, have very low self-noise. Pricing is NORMAL and very good for so excellent QUALITY !!! I am using several Spirit cables for over 20 years and have had no one problem in all this time, all measurable and hearable parameters are still the same. Make yourself any length you need (shorter is better - less capacitance). Just use the best quality Neutrik or Switchcraft jack plugs.

Latest Threads