Anyone have the Sheptone AB Custom set?

thrashmetl

Reaction score
Want to hear from Sheptone AB Custom owners. Please describe this set for me. I'm looking for a set with some meat in the bridge, but clarity in the neck. Does the neck pickup retain it's clarity at around 8k or does it start to get darker?

Has anyone compared these to the tributes? At 8.5k it wouldn't seem that they are THAT much hotter than the Tributes, or are they?

rick13

Reaction score
Never met a set of Sheptones that were "dark" in any position.Have you looked at changing the caps in the neck pot?
Rick

thrashmetl

Reaction score
Don't know much about that stuff, what cap or cap values would add clarity?

thorgir666

Reaction score
I have a set, and im so happy with them. Can only compare them with the classic '57 pups that was in my trad. Not dark in neck. Amazing pups! Shep are really good value.

lessdrop

Reaction score
Hi, just saw your post, I started with tributes, but then switched my neck to ab.good match with trib for bridge nick seemed a.bit too mild before. They really bring out the tone of my guitar rather then the pu's. Originals were bb. Talking about a '14 standard. Note separation is better too. The tribute was very sweet also.
Hope this helps,
Less drop
P.S. my first post! Hello to everyone:)

lessdrop

Reaction score
Also, you are right, they are just a smidge hotter, but a smidge can go a long way toward the edge!
Let me know if you get some.
Lessdrop

DADGAD

Reaction score
Had a set. Sold them before I could try them. Kind of regret it but I would like to hear clips of them.

LpCustom2007

Reaction score
Had them but didn´t like them much.. I´ve had most of Sheptones models and the only ones I´ve kept are the Heartbreakers, that do very well in my LPC. The Blue Sky´s were ok also, but I´m not much for the Tributes (and the AB´s are just a hotter version of these).

lessdrop

Reaction score
I have one in neck.pos, and a tribute in bridge. Love em!

integra evan

Reaction score
Just got a set of AB Customs to drop in my Studio with a '50s wiring upgrade.

FUS44

Reaction score
I don't have the tributes, but I do have BK's.

I have not had another set of pickups that were so sensitive (in a good way) to small adjustments in PU and pole-piece heights. Well worth some time dialing them in with your rig at gig volume, IMO. I went from "They're gone" to "perhaps I should order some more" after getting them right on my LP.

integra evan

Reaction score
After installing these pickups and a 50s wiring kit, the tone from my guitar is amazing. They are very clear, each note has a sort of bell tone that I was looking for

Latest Threads