anyone have any experience with a Tokai LS98F and Edwards e-lp 92/98/130

logen99999

Reaction score
I recently had my les paul stolen. It was the only one i had so now i'm looking for an alternative. my budget is a 1000$ and from what i've been reading the edwards and tokai's are some of the best NEW MIJ les paul copies around.

i'm well aware that the 80s tokais were killer, but their prices are extremely high.

how do the NEW offerings from tokai and edwards in the 1000$ dollar range compare to each other? spec wise they're very similar.

here's a tokai on ebay i'm considering
TOKAI LS98F CS Made in Japan BRAND NEW | eBay

and here's an edwards

ESP Edwards E-LP-98LTS Flamed DUNCAN Long t Tobacco MIJ New | eBay

Dino Velvet

Reaction score
I'd take a Gibson tribute LP over both of those. Or if you want a Std looking guitar find an OBG or Burny/Greco that's already in the USA. The dollar is so bad now you are overpaying for both of those by several 100.

o0mobius0o

Reaction score
Those are two very nice guitar choices. Sorry to hear about your LP. I've been through that myself.

GRuggier

Reaction score
I own both Tokai and Edwards, and you cant go wrong with either one.

Although I have to agree that the cost of the Tokai and especially the Edwards, have gone through the damn roof man. Rediculas.

Check out the MIJ for sale thread, and there is a user named Wulfman who is selling some nice used guitars.

Sorry to hear that your guitar was stolen. Good luck!

GiddyHitch

Reaction score
I currently have an Edwards LP-98LTS, Edwards LC-92, Tokai HLS-165, and a Bacchus Classic Goldtop. The Bacchus is about as close to perfection as I've come across in a guitar, especially with the thicker neck. The build quality and factory setup of the Edwards is better than the Tokai, but the tone of the Tokai is better (as well it should at that price point). I've considered upgrading the pickups on the Edwards but they may get sold along with the Tokai to make way for a Bacchus Classic plaintop (sucker for a plain top and the neck profile is perfect to me).

If you're interested in the 98-LTS, let me know. Honeyburst with about the nicest flame I've seen on one these.

Good luck.

itchybro

Reaction score
I love my Edwards "Page" model but.. It's being re-fretted. They seem to have more of a "fretless wonder" vibe to them. The frets it came with are a 64th shorter than my chambered 07 standard.

joebonsai

Reaction score
Take an Edwards 130!!!
best LP Copy for 'round 1000$!!
with the very best features!!!!

ESP | EDWARDS | E-LP-130ALS/RE

here's mine!!!

DSC00934-1.jpg

:hippie:

logen99999

Reaction score
wow, great looking top! i love lemondrop!

I bought a 98lts from giddyhitch :)

looking forward to playing it.

Latest Threads