Anyone grab the 1952 gibson LP husk on Reverb $11,000 ?

judson

Reaction score
didnt know reverb posted sold stuff...good to know, or is it?

so if you feel like beating yourself up, check these SOLD deals where you didnt pull the trigger

ok maybe some of you grabbed one....but dam, i had to stop halfway thru

red_house356

Reaction score
Ugh. I stopped on the 2nd page. I'm seeing a lot of old guitars in my budget. Unfortunately, those prices won't go down for the time being.

Pete M

Reaction score
This 53 popped up locally in Australia. Sadly at $12500 or so US it seems he's dreaming.

PGguy

Reaction score
That's not really wear per se, it's cellular colapse of the wood. No one has been able to explain why it happens on some guitars and not others. The near mint DC Bigsby Burst Gilvis bought a few years ago had it....again....inexplicable.
It's called dry rot, does not take much to break a neck when the wood of the guitar becomes old, even some of my 80's guitars I have retired because I can tell they are getting weak, and yes they do sound better because of this :slash:

PGguy

Reaction score
Some of those 50's guitars can sound like crap, while new ones just off of the Gibson production line can sound really amazing, to many factors involved, mainly just wood selection and electronics and the amp you have, no pedals!:jb:

PGguy

Reaction score
That's not really wear per se, it's cellular colapse of the wood. No one has been able to explain why it happens on some guitars and not others. The near mint DC Bigsby Burst Gilvis bought a few years ago had it....again....inexplicable.
and salty fingers:jam:

cherrick

Reaction score
This 53 popped up locally in Australia. Sadly at $12500 or so US it seems he's dreaming.
Top refin
Not the original bridge
Not a Gibson bridge
At best replacement P90 covers, probably pickups as well
If it's a '53 it's a late '53 or it was converted to a wrap-tail.

Latest Threads