Anyone going on the next Joe Bonnamssa blues cruise?

Bluesky

Reaction score
what ship is this on?im looking at booking the carnival pride out of tampa jan.15-22 just to get away for a week in the winter.the wife doesnt like multiple sailings on the same ship and we have been on everything else out of tampa and port canaveral.

NORWEGIAN Jade. Feb 6. I have all the details above. Book it bro! Definitely more then a few rounds on me!!

Otto tune

Reaction score
I'd love to go!
But I don't want roommates and paying for two is too expensive for me at this time.
I wanted to do the last one because I'm a big Beth Hart fan.

I could care less about the destination, I probably wouldn't get off the boat.

To me it's the perfect cruise, not too old and not full of kids.

Bluesky

Reaction score
I'd love to go!
But I don't want roommates and paying for two is too expensive for me at this time.
I wanted to do the last one because I'm a big Beth Hart fan.

I could care less about the destination, I probably wouldn't get off the boat.

To me it's the perfect cruise, not too old and not full of kids.

never thought of that , but yeah , my kids are one of the only ones on the boat.

I took My 12 yr old (on the first cruise) to get some Ice cream about 1am and Joe came in with Whitesnake guitarist Bernie Madsen. I kept a distance so as to not spook them off. He had no Idea who there were and they all talked for about 1/2 an hr. It was a highlight of the trip for me. Very cool down to earth people. (except for robben ford) thats another story.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Sounds like a great music cruise, but I don't think much of the cruise line. We took the Norwegian Jade's sister ship, the Pearl, on a Moody Blues cruise last March. For the regular part of the ship on this four night cruise, the drink package was $600 per double room. A majority of the restaurants were at extra cost, and tips were automatically charged. In the "suite" area of the ship there was no separate restaurant for dinner, no separate open bar, and the price was higher than hell! There was a restocked bar in each suite, however.

For those not familiar with current customary practice among better (but not necessarily more costly) cruise lines, know that this line on this cruise was way too expensive and way to non-inclusive. While I really like JB, I doubt that I could tolerate another Norwegian cruise.

Bluesky

Reaction score
Sounds like a great music cruise, but I don't think much of the cruise line. We took the Norwegian Jade's sister ship, the Pearl, on a Moody Blues cruise last March. For the regular part of the ship on this four night cruise, the drink package was $600 per double room. A majority of the restaurants were at extra cost, and tips were automatically charged. In the "suite" area of the ship there was no separate restaurant for dinner, no separate open bar, and the price was higher than hell! There was a restocked bar in each suite, however.

For those not familiar with current customary practice among better (but not necessarily more costly) cruise lines, know that this line on this cruise was way too expensive and way to non-inclusive. While I really like JB, I doubt that I could tolerate another Norwegian cruise.

The Pearl was the boat for the first JB cruise that I was on. Its a reg cruise ship and they close down alot of it to accommodate the bands and all the shows. (the pools are covered etc.) So I didn't mind the non restaurants that were available......we pigged out in the buffet every night. Yes the bar can get expensive so I drank from the $.500 automatic Keg Machines stationed in the corners. They are in the business to make money so I get it going in. But 4-5 nights of non stop killer bands is worth it to me.

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
I'm doing the Robben Ford camp in August. Much less expensive!

Arzachel

Reaction score
does no one else see the irony of "keeping the Blues alive" watching a white guy that looks like a lawyer on an exclusive expensive cruise holiday ?

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Bluesky,

I didn't mean that all music cruises are a rip-off or anything like that. But ONE PARTICULAR Moody Blues cruise last March was. Now we had been on two previous MB cruises, and one Previous "Cruise to the Edge" headlining YES, and they were less costly, had more inclusions, and were all-around better than the last MB cruise. The previous music cruises were on MSC Cruise line which, IMO, is a much better line and less expensive too. On MSC, the cruises were five nights. In the regular rooms, a drink package sufficient to keep my mate and I happy was a little over $200 for us both. In the suite categories, guests had a private "anytime" restaurant and a private open bar, and the cost was much less than in Norwegian's suites for only four nights without these amenities.

My mate is a MB fan club member, and participates on their internet board. NOBODY who was a repeat MB cruiser liked Norwegian cruise line. Maybe it was just that the MB cruise promoters got a raw deal from Norwegian, I don't know. But I know those promoters have vowed never to use Norwegian again. And among seasoned cruisers (like us) there are two major lines that are avoided -- Norwegian and Carnival. I hope the JB cruise promoters got a better deal than the MB promoters did for that cruise last March.

I am not posting this to "rain on anybody's parade", but to warn those not familiar with cruise lines that they are not all the same, and Norwegian is generally regarded as being substandard. And it proved that last March.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Bluesky,

I'm a bit slow today. Did you say that on a JB cruise on the Norwegian Pearl, they offered $.50 beer keg machines? Man, we didn't have any of those on the MB cruise last March! If I understand this right, the MB cruise promoter may have really been shafted in the charter agreement. Tell me more!

Bluesky

Reaction score
Bluesky,

I'm a bit slow today. Did you say that on a JB cruise on the Norwegian Pearl, they offered $.50 beer keg machines? Man, we didn't have any of those on the MB cruise last March! If I understand this right, the MB cruise promoter may have really been shafted in the charter agreement. Tell me more!

My apologies. Decimal point in the wrong spot! $5.00 . $5.00 for a 16 ounce beer. You could use your room card. Just stick it in , and bam! Cold beer. I think I racked up $180 by checkout. No Tip . I stayed away from the Bar. Bottle of Bud was $9.00 $10 with a Tip and the Keg tasted better.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Bluesky,

Understand. And, no, we had nothing like that on the Pearl on the MB cruise last March. I think we got ripped off. But I'm glad you guys had that, and hope you will again. I can't go on your cruise in February 2017 due to a conflict. But I will say that on the MB cruise in 2013, my wife and I bought a drink package that was more than we could use (and that's a lot) for about $250 ($125 each) that allowed us full open bar in all lounges. On the 2014 MB cruise, we splurged and booked MSC "Yacht Club" area that is all inclusive with "any time" restaurant and private open bar in the five night cruise. That cost only a little over half as much as our four night MB cruise in "The Haven" for the four night MB cruise on The NCL Pearl last March, which lacked these amenities. I could drink beer in the room or mix a drink at no additional charge, but anywhere else it was $10+ bucks. On MSC, tips were included in the fare. On NCL they were a mandatory addition to our bill, even though we booked the most expensive room on the ship, and that ain't right.

If we booked an inexpensive room on a ship, $5 for a 16oz beer with no tip wouldn't cause me to complain at all. But for what we payed for that four night cruise on the Pearl last March, EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE should have been included. It is my own fault for not requiring the inclusions for what I paid to be made clear IN WRITING before booking and paying. But never again.

Bluesky

Reaction score
Bluesky,

Understand. And, no, we had nothing like that on the Pearl on the MB cruise last March. I think we got ripped off. But I'm glad you guys had that, and hope you will again. I can't go on your cruise in February 2017 due to a conflict. But I will say that on the MB cruise in 2013, my wife and I bought a drink package that was more than we could use (and that's a lot) for about $250 ($125 each) that allowed us full open bar in all lounges. On the 2014 MB cruise, we splurged and booked MSC "Yacht Club" area that is all inclusive with "any time" restaurant and private open bar in the five night cruise. That cost only a little over half as much as our four night MB cruise in "The Haven" for the four night MB cruise on The NCL Pearl last March, which lacked these amenities. I could drink beer in the room or mix a drink at no additional charge, but anywhere else it was $10+ bucks. On MSC, tips were included in the fare. On NCL they were a mandatory addition to our bill, even though we booked the most expensive room on the ship, and that ain't right.

If we booked an inexpensive room on a ship, $5 for a 16oz beer with no tip wouldn't cause me to complain at all. But for what we payed for that four night cruise on the Pearl last March, EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE should have been included. It is my own fault for not requiring the inclusions for what I paid to be made clear IN WRITING before booking and paying. But never again.

They were beer vending machines. Sixth man promotes the JB cruises , maybe they own the machines and install them before? I hope they return, I specifically mentioned them whenever they asked for feedback. Not just the money, but it was really easy to use with just a room card. I believe they also had a Jack Daniels one but I cant drink that fire water!

Latest Threads